• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I ordered a GS-911 today

I had the older yellow unit like that for the K1300S. Had to update to a red unit for our Wetheads.

That's a good price.
You may have to buy a used Windows laptop or Android phone to run it.

I had the older yellow unit like that for the K1300S. Had to update to a red unit for our Wetheads.

That's a good price.
You may have to buy a used Windows laptop or Android phone to run it.

I figured you would know :thumb. Thanks.
It looked like I could do the very basics with Apple devices.
As an aside, I have been messing around with a Dell XPS 15 9500 I7 machine. It’s not mine but has a program on it that that I’m trying to get through. Probably a great device if it wasn’t trying to help, lure, trick me into updating, rearranging, and customizing pieces of programs I have no interest in. :banghead
OM

That is a good price for those older units which are limited somewhat but still will allow you to do most of the important stuff. I just bought a used latest/greatest red WiFi version and the cheapest I could find was $250 with 4 VINs already used.

Perhaps you got the last one as the website now shows "Discontinued - This is no longer available" below the quantity input field. Lucky dog!

Perhaps you got the last one as the website now shows "Discontinued - This is no longer available" below the quantity input field. Lucky dog!
Well, :dog :dog to me ;)
I had a feeling something was going to happen along those lines as Twisted Throttle is our current supreme user of the Vendor Section. I figured if I got it in the e-mail and they hadn't posted about it, the supply was limited.
Hope I guessed right.
OM

Maybe not?

Been almost a week and haven’t seen it yet. I had sent an email wondering and crickets ��
I may have sent a message via the live chat but as it’s rolling a chat system I can’t tell if it worked or not :dunno
I know they are still in operation as I received another email a few minutes ago.
Seems strange......I’m glad I don’t really need it.
OM

I recently ordered something from BeemerBoneyard and it took over two weeks to get it. Tracking showed no movement in NJ for over a week. Some areas are really backed up.

I recently ordered something from BeemerBoneyard and it took over two weeks to get it. Tracking showed no movement in NJ for over a week. Some areas are really backed up.

Oh yeah, I understand that. I opted to pay for shipping so I would have the best possible tracking (for my benefit). I haven’t seen any tracking yet......no indication of shipment. Being only about 60 miles from me, I had guessed it would be an overnight kinda deal.
OM

I'm returning a defective product to Brooklyn, 11205. The package was picked up from my box December 30. Last tracking info shows:

January 2, 2021, 9:48 pm
Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location
BROOKLYN, NY 11205
We attempted to deliver your package at 9:48 pm on January 2, 2021 in BROOKLYN, NY 11205 but could not access the delivery location. We will redeliver on the next business day.

January 2, 2021, 12:32 pm
Arrived at Post Office
BROOKLYN, NY 11206

January 2, 2021, 7:09 am
Out for Delivery
BROOKLYN, NY 11205

Why did it go to the next zip code? Which office has it now?
Do they really attempt deliveries at 10pm on a Saturday night?
There apparently has been no new attempt to deliver the package.
Inquiry via the USPS web site January 11 has produced only two automated responses (We'll look into it, be patient.)

My wife runs a business selling small quantities of fabric to quilters. Twenty packages went out November 22, and then sat at our USPS distribution center until December 11. The last package reached its destination December 23.

To be fair, most of her packages are delivered in the usual 2-4 days. It just seems like when things go bad, they go very bad.

Last edited:
Well, while "neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds", evidently a pandemic and Christmas surge will. We occasionally get a delay in something coming to us, but not often or for very long.

I have no notification of anything past placing the order. I doubt it is a delivery problem especially if it hasn’t been shipped.
OM

I have no notification of anything past placing the order. I doubt it is a delivery problem especially if it hasn’t been shipped.
OM

If you have not received a shipping notification Twisted Throttle probably did not have them on hand.

If you have not received a shipping notification Twisted Throttle probably did not have them on hand.

The order was accepted. As mentioned earlier in this thread, a member tried after I did and was not able to complete the order.
TT is usually “on the ball” when it comes to customer service.
OM

The order was accepted. As mentioned earlier in this thread, a member tried after I did and was not able to complete the order.
TT is usually “on the ball” when it comes to customer service.
OM

Yes I know the order was accepted and I'm sure you'll receive it.
I'm just saying it may not have been in their warehouse but they had access to it.

Not a big deal. The service light has been on for years. Just seemed like a good idea at the time.
OM

TT saw this thread and contacted me via the PM system. :thumb
It’s nice to see that they visit the different forum areas.
They are going to check into the order.
OM

Back