• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thanks Max BMW

rick601

Not sure if this is the correct forum- but I need to correct my past tepid feelings about Maxx BMW. Tupperware breaks, missed tire wear a few other things and though not done with them, I was, let's say, cool to them. They just did a 24K service and the entire operation was flawless- pick-up, delivery, communication, attention to my concerns. Not sure who changed (they do have a new service guy, and I am more even keeled!) but I'm happy to see that our relationship is maturing nicely!
Not that it matters but: 2016 R1200RT

Always good to hear nice results! And this forum is as good as any. BTW...I'm going to change the title to just Max BMW...might help with future searches.

I agree...

Thought I'd jump in add my 2 cents worth. My experience with Max BMW has been nothing but exceptional. When I lived in Maine Max would pick up my bike (2012 R1200RT) sometime in the winter and take it back to their New Hampshire location for needed service. I could always count on Max doing everything perfectly. First class people and service!!! I have recently moved to the south and I sure miss the topography of New England and Max BMW.

Thought I'd jump in add my 2 cents worth. My experience with Max BMW has been nothing but exceptional. When I lived in Maine Max would pick up my bike (2012 R1200RT) sometime in the winter and take it back to their New Hampshire location for needed service. I could always count on Max doing everything perfectly. First class people and service!!! I have recently moved to the south and I sure miss the topography of New England and Max BMW.

Gonna be honest- my experience had NOT always been stellar- broken tupperware, incomplete inspections etc. The point of my post was that it appears that something has really upped their game- from scheduling my service to its completion. I've been tepid at best in my opinion in the past - TILL NOW- They really delivered! (Literally and figuratively)

New Max customer

My bike is at Max BMW as I type. They picked it up last week for the a spring service and a couple of other things that need taking care of. So far the process has been excellent: easy to schedule the pickup, friendly and responsive staff, on time bike pickup.

I've only ever had one other interaction with Max BMW (last year). When I went to change a headlamp bulb on my 2006 R1200RT the connector crumbled in my hand. My local BMW dealership (not Max, shall remain nameless) was at a complete loss regarding how to fix this. They proposed replacing the entire wiring harness. I brought my bike to Max BMW in New Hampshire and they fixed it quickly, easily and for a good price.

Hopefully the current service will go well so that I can look forward to being a happy customer for some time to come.

Note: A dealer will usually replace a failed item with the identical BMW part... there are replacement sockets available that won't crumble or melt. Next time.

Maybe NAPA p/n LS6235

Last edited:
Rick601, which location did you have do the work. My purchase experience with the Troy NY location was far less than stellar so much so I've never been back since. I'd be open to going back if things have changed but until then I'll continue to make the 250 miles round-trip to Wagner Motorsports for all my service needs as they've been just excellent in every way.

Rick601, which location did you have do the work. My purchase experience with the Troy NY location was far less than stellar so much so I've never been back since. I'd be open to going back if things have changed but until then I'll continue to make the 250 miles round-trip to Wagner Motorsports for all my service needs as they've been just excellent in every way.

Great question! I bought and used for service the Troy location. The sale experience was just OK- partly due to MY lack of experience and knowledge of the brand and the sales-persons "newness" (I think). For a huge dealer they a somewhat small selection/sizes of gear etc...but to the main point from 2016 to about 2019ish the service writer and, apparently, mechanics, left a lot to be desired- for ex, aside from broken tabs- the ordering and replacement of said parts took inexcusably long time. It's a small shop and I don't want to impugn anyone's integrity...in fact it seemed more inefficiency than anything. I KNOW I was told that pick-up and delivery for service would be no charge at sale and that was denied the first time I tried to invoke it. Again I don't think anyone outright lied- they just weren't on the same page and I was too "nice"(?) to get it in writing. They told me a front tire was bad before a trip but it turns out the rear needed replacing on that journey! Finally the service writer was at best, an acquired taste...impatient, abrupt,

ANYWAY- to the present. They have a new service writer- who GETS it. He is an older guy (sorry if you're reading this dude) with motorcycle experience but- for his job more importantly- he listens, remembers what he says, calls back when he says he will, carries information from tech to customer in a way that I'm confident I'm getting the original message. He also gave me a great break on cost of transport to and from Troy (I'm about 50 miles West of Troy). Truly- I cannot attest to quality of work till I ride- was service reminder reset, oil level right...etc etc. Greg, in parts, has always been knowledgeable and fair and seems to know non-BMW stuff as well as the BMW stuff. I'm still not convinced that one of the sales people knows as much as she could after this time but hopefully she's gaining on the vast amount there is to learn...but that isn't atypical for many sales people in any field. The other salesguy inspires more confidence when I talk bikes.

All in all;, the service writer alone has made me give Maxx a second chance. Speaking of "options" Hermy's would be my second choice- which would involve hotels for the 12K service...but what an aftermarket showroom!!

Back