• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

flyhi2cfar

#102452 Sometimes Hangared... But Always Aimed Out
The rendezvous at Ozark Empire Fairgrounds, June 16-18.

Can you believe it... 50 Years of the BMWMOA in 2022 !

Our "nearly annual" family reunion; this National Rally will NOT be its 50th Edition...
however, this Club Celebration expects to be lively!

Last edited:

Next year's thoughts and planning; not so far away considering the Rally's location is generally announced during the upcoming March/April Board Meeting.

The "nearly annual" family reunion; our National Rally will not be it's 50th edition ... the Club's celebration at the 2022 venue expects to be lively!

In the Central Zone (Red)... just wondering where?

Good observation. So, just for the sake of the argument, what kinds of activities would be some combination of fun or educational to celebrate the 50th Anniversary? I expect that there are people working on this already, but maybe folks on the forum can come up with some good ideas?

Good observation. So, just for the sake of the argument, what kinds of activities would be some combination of fun or educational to celebrate the 50th Anniversary? I expect that there are people working on this already, but maybe folks on the forum can come up with some good ideas?

Just what I was hoping for! And not just the "where at" aspect for 2022.

At the Rally, I can envision the following.

Educational: Also read as Club Historical. An indoor venue, a nicely outfitted in museum manner layout.
A call for memorabilia from our members, where chosen items could be displayed via "decade and year within" layout.
Much of this would likely be Rally and Club related material... it's all about our members.
A section within decade/year, each illustrating/recognizing Club Leadership, Ambassadors, Volunteers and significant events.
I would be really nice to display a members bike from EVERY year since our inception, in front of the period exhibits!
Every High Milage Award holder should be acknowledged, along with our Club's other important Award recipients.
Recognize our Pioneer's.
Can you imagine an entrance attraction of... the tent and bike of Norm Phoenix, displayed in a camp set-up! (His original tent, he still rides in and erects it every National!)
Finally, a special "Founder's" Tribute Centerpiece.
Simply title the crown jewel of the exhibit using the historic words of our Club's First President...
Mr. Vern Hansen: "We were all looking for something, and we found it in 'MOA".

Celebration wise: At the 2022 Rally, we will never do better than the troupe "Living Glockenspiel"... who entertained at WI in 2007!

And if we need to go back to Wisconsin for that... it works for me!

Just what I was hoping for! And not just the "where at" aspect for 2022.

At the Rally, I can envision the following.

Educational: Also read as Club Historical. An indoor venue, a nicely outfitted in museum manner layout.
A call for memorabilia from our members, where chosen items could be displayed via "decade and year within" layout.
Much of this would likely be Rally and Club related material... it's all about our members.
A section within decade/year, each illustrating/recognizing Club Leadership, Ambassadors, Volunteers and significant events.
I would be really nice to display a members bike from EVERY year since our inception, in front of the period exhibits!
Every High Milage Award holder should be acknowledged, along with our Club's other important Award recipients.
Recognize our Pioneer's.
Can you imagine an entrance attraction of... the tent and bike of Norm Phoenix, displayed in a camp set-up! (His original tent, he still rides in and erects it every National!)
Finally, a special "Founder's" Tribute Centerpiece.
Simply title the crown jewel of the exhibit using the historic words of our Club's First President...
Mr. Vern Hansen: "We were all looking for something, and we found it in 'MOA".

Celebration wise: At the 2022 Rally, we will never do better than the troupe "Living Glockenspiel"... who entertained at WI in 2007!

And if we need to go back to Wisconsin for that... it works for me!

Nice work! I especially like the recognition of the people who started the club so many years ago. There is nothing to nurture and grow until someone germinates something.

When they shot the movie "Fargo" they were chasing snow doing monster unit moves north every day. :ha

When they shot the movie "Fargo" they were chasing snow doing monster unit moves north every day. :ha

Wrong Thread Mike... you must be enjoying a couple-uh home brews! Happy New Year... too those near your edge of earth.

Good observation. So, just for the sake of the argument, what kinds of activities would be some combination of fun or educational to celebrate the 50th Anniversary?

How about a membership drive, in the interest of us still being around in 2072?

Creative based on a 50-something (no pun intended) concept, cheap printed promo cards that can be handed out or mailed by chartered clubs, Motorrad dealers, aftermarket parts sellers, social media push with link to join page on our site, big bonus at the rally...

If we had a mobile app, people could play along as they rode in... :drink

Ian

How about a membership drive, in the interest of us still being around in 2072?

Creative based on a 50-something (no pun intended) concept, cheap printed promo cards that can be handed out or mailed by chartered clubs, Motorrad dealers, aftermarket parts sellers, social media push with link to join page on our site, big bonus at the rally...

If we had a mobile app, people could play along as they rode in... :drink

Ian

I think that is a great idea. What a great opportunity to promote the value of club membership concurrent with the celebration of the club's anniversary.

I was just referencing Paul's earlier post, my home-brew doesn't have nearly enough alcohol for that!:ha

Best of he New Year to you all too!

I was just referencing Paul's earlier post, my home-brew doesn't have nearly enough alcohol for that!:ha

Best of he New Year to you all too!

Mike; I attach the funniest and best response to the "never go fargo" movement to this date:

Did you know that “go far” and “a frog" are anagrams, of sorts, for Fargo.
And when combined they become “afroggofar”, which is a Welsh word meaning “Fat Chance” in English.
... quoted by a guy in Montana

Not that it matter's much... should Fargo happen in 2022!

Last edited:

Next year's thoughts and planning; not so far away considering the Rally's location is generally announced during the upcoming March/April Board Meeting.

The "nearly annual" family reunion; our National Rally will not be it's 50th edition ... the Club's celebration at the 2022 venue expects to be lively!

In the Central Zone (Red)... just wondering where?

A report of little interest (in that 2021 has not even happened)...

Last weekend was the first official MOA Club endeavor of the new calendar year, in Florida the BMWNEF Winter Rally.

As always, a good venue to inquire of those who may know a few things... even future stuff.

Here's the thing; when you discuss the 2022 Rally and it's Central Zone possibilities... about all you get is, "anybody riding from Florida will have pretty far to go".

I'm guessing that rule's out most of Mississippi!

Back