Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 238

Thread: The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    Who's in the know of the following:
    When IS this decision going to be announced?
    And after "what/where/how" BOD "meeting" that is up-coming.
    The location of the 2022 rally site should be released soon. 2023 has not been determined yet. I think most will be very pleased with the 2022 rally site decision.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

  2. #62
    slave to gravity skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    3,902
    I hope it is somewhere good as I'm being offered up to guide beer tours/tastings for 2022. I'm sorry I can't make Great Falls as I'm sure I would have had the solo Longest distance award.

    I missed it in Lebanon by only about 100 miles.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    I hope it is somewhere good as I'm being offered up to guide beer tours/tastings for 2022. I'm sorry I can't make Great Falls as I'm sure I would have had the solo Longest distance award.

    I missed it in Lebanon by only about 100 miles.
    I looked up your avatar location... man you are out there. Beautiful location; lovely church in your town. Out of an abundance of curiosity, what have you heard regarding the border? Would you be able to come to the rally if you wanted to collect that longest milage award?
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

  4. #64
    slave to gravity skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    3,902
    Funny, that church in town is rotting away, we're just waiting for it to fall down. Yes I am pretty far from everything, people don't realize just how far away it really is. But yes it is very pretty country around here.

    Theoretically on the 26th I'm leaving to ride to Nova Scotia for a job, it's 927 km's from my door just to get to the ferry. On the other side Google maps says it's another 440 km's via the shortest route. From the ferry to Calais is 450 miles for that matter.

    As for the border I have no idea if it would reopen in time but this job ensures I won't be able to go. I'm also missing a race school and weekend at Shannonville end of May. Bummer!

    As you can imagine we're not opening our Moto B&B again this year.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  5. #65
    One day this pandemic is gonna end... he says staring out across the beach, no shirt on, cavalry-yellow ascot around his neck and his Stetson pulled down low over his eyes.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

  6. #66
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mansfield,MA
    Posts
    17,069
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    One day this pandemic is gonna end... he says staring out across the beach, no shirt on, cavalry-yellow ascot around his neck and his Stetson pulled down low over his eyes.
    Like Big Duke 6?

    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Like Big Duke 6?

    OM
    Oooooooobviously!!!!

    Because; If I say its safe to surf this beach, its safe to surf this beach!
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

  8. #68
    slave to gravity skibum69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    New Melbourne, NL
    Posts
    3,902

    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

  9. #69
    Registered User Rinty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    5,695
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Oooooooobviously!!!!

    Because; If I say its safe to surf this beach, its safe to surf this beach!
    And "Charlie don't surf!"
    Rinty

  10. #70
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    I looked up your avatar location... man you are out there. Beautiful location; lovely church in your town. Out of an abundance of curiosity, what have you heard regarding the border?
    Currently most Canadian provinces, but the not Atlantic ones, are experiencing a third wave, with skyrocketing COVID infections with numbers like we have not had before. Ontario has a stay at home order for the the next month or so. Although there are folks on both sides of the border who want it re-opened, I would be very surprised if that happens before August.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Knights of the Roundel #333

  11. #71
    Registered User wkoppa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Grayling, MI
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    Currently most Canadian provinces, but the not Atlantic ones, are experiencing a third wave, with skyrocketing COVID infections with numbers like we have not had before. Ontario has a stay at home order for the the next month or so. Although there are folks on both sides of the border who want it re-opened, I would be very surprised if that happens before August.
    I hope it is.

    Many of your Michigan friends want to do Lakes Superior and Huron.

    "Oh Canada"

    Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449
    Got both shots

  12. #72
    Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Posts
    1,149

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by wkoppa View Post
    I hope it is.

    Many of your Michigan friends want to do Lakes Superior and Huron.

    "Oh Canada"

    Wayne Koppa
    Grayling, MI
    #71,449
    Got both shots

    It's not just the MI crew; headlights are pointed that direction from all over the states.

    It's truly time for "Verified Vaccination" approved international travel... come June 1st.
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep you a steady eye ahead, with a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with the brakes... for every mile of road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

  13. #73
    Registered User bluehole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Posts
    1,119
    I hope it is somewhere good as I'm being offered up to guide beer tours/tastings for 2022. I'm sorry I can't make Great Falls as I'm sure I would have had the solo Longest distance award.

    I missed it in Lebanon by only about 100 miles.
    Yes, but I am sure you got the highest average speed award.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

  14. #74
    Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Posts
    1,149

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    The location of the 2022 rally site should be released soon. 2023 has not been determined yet. I think most will be very pleased with the 2022 rally site decision.
    Were getting close!!!
    The 2022 site revelation...

    Possibly the word later this week on Earth Day?
    Especially appropriate if announced for a location that make's someone think... why on Earth there!
    (it always happens)

    Or maybe the Official Announcement even later this month on Arbor Day?
    In a place with... well, foliage.

    This will be interesting.
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep you a steady eye ahead, with a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with the brakes... for every mile of road, there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

  15. #75
    The folks in Fargo are gearing up for a big celebration.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Similar Threads

  1. 2022 National Rally
    By bullet in forum Rally Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2021, 01:13 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2017, 08:42 PM
  3. European Union 50th Anniversary celebrations
    By Threeteas in forum Campfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •