Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    ……….To have an intensive day-long seminar on the proper usages of anything that may resemble the BMW logo.

If there is time, brochures will be distributed.

OM
    There was a time when we did do this, iirc it was in conjunction with the Club President’s meeting at the National. We may still do that, but I stopped being a club President about 10 years ago.

Not sure about the MOA, but the RA offers to help clubs with their designs if you submit your artwork.

Honestly, BMW’s Corporate Identity guidelines are extremely easy to follow… there is a professionally-designed PDF book available. But they are highly prescriptive. Essentially, you can only use their BMW name (wordmark) and Roundel in the approved design. We (and the BMW RA) are allowed to use the wordmark outside of the approved design, which if one understands key concepts of brand value, is a real bonus for us.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom || '19 CB500X

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Honestly, BMW’s Corporate Identity guidelines are extremely easy to follow… there is a professionally-designed PDF book available. But they are highly prescriptive. Essentially, you can only use their BMW name (wordmark) and Roundel in the approved design. We (and the BMW RA) are allowed to use the wordmark outside of the approved design, which if one understands key concepts of brand value, is a real bonus for us.

Ian
    I hope you didn't miss my point-

From a previous thread-

They aren't close, but that's the problem...few people, except those who know what BMW motorcycles are and any possible club affiliation, have a glue as to what the logo references. On the other hand I imagine one glance at the Mall of America logo and you'll know what it is referencing. I'd assume more people have been to Mall of America, than to a MOA meeting.
    I can see a problem wearing a BMW logo tee-shirt when pulling off a liquor store heist.....but as long as it's an approved logo.

I wish the logo made so much sense that the general public wouldn't have to ask- "what does that represent".

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I hope you didn't miss my point-
    That’s me, *major* dumbass!

I wish the logo made so much sense that the general public wouldn't have to ask- "what does that represent".
    You mean like this?

You mean like this?

That is a bit of a start.

I would like to see a big roundel, the universal BMW symbol, with BMW Motorcycle Owners of America clearly displayed.

Even this gives a hint to the BMW Motorcycle aspect

Here is a MOA-

now extinct

But…….that’s just me.

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Here is a MOA-

THIS is a MOA:

Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

I would like to see a big roundel, the universal BMW symbol, with BMW Motorcycle Owners of America clearly displayed.
    That is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    THIS is a MOA:

Interesting off-topic side-story…. That whole Mall was designed with AutoCAD software, made by Autodesk… a client of mine from the mid-80s to mid-90s. My agency, working with my computer animation studio, used AutoCAD, Autodesk 3D Studio and Pixar Renderman to create this killer fly-through animation of the place. We had a blast, especially with the LegoLand part! Unfortunately, it was prior to HD video, and I have a copy of it on U-matic ¾” videotape, but for the time it was the talk of the industry.

It was a part of a video we produced, we shot it in January. Good LORD it gets cold up there.

That is never going to happen.

Interesting off-topic side-story…. That whole Mall was designed with AutoCAD software, made by Autodesk… a client of mine from the mid-80s to mid-90s. My agency, working with my computer animation studio, used AutoCAD, Autodesk 3D Studio and Pixar Renderman to create this killer fly-through animation of the place. We had a blast, especially with the LegoLand part! Unfortunately, it was prior to HD video, and I have a copy of it on U-matic ¾” videotape, but for the time it was the talk of the industry.

It was a part of a video we produced, we shot it in January. Good LORD it gets cold up there.
    Ian is correct - the t-shirt with a big BMW roundel with a bike laid over it will never happen. The real story behind the BMW AG Corporate Identity Agreement and our current logo is very interesting. We came away with far more than we had when we started, but you don't see that if you only look at what you think we lost. Our current logo ("signet" in BMW CI speak) has run it's course and it's time for something new that can be adopted with the new BMW CI approved logo design format.
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & 2022 BMW MOA Rally Co-Chair
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

We are working on a 50th Anniversary logo for next year. I’m researching tattoo artists (I’ve found a German guy down in Destin, FL) that we might be able to film me getting it tattooed on my arm as the reveal…
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA President

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    We are working on a 50th Anniversary logo for next year. I’m researching tattoo artists (I’ve found a German guy down in Destin, FL) that we might be able to film me getting it tattooed on my arm as the reveal…
    That will be a bugger to deal with when the mothership says Nein!
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    That's a great idea, Reece! I think we should have a poll here on the forum to decide *where* this goes.
    Greg Feeler

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    That's a great idea, Reece! I think we should have a poll here on the forum to decide *where* this goes.
    Right below his Ranger Tab piercing.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

I'm sure if I had my own T's made up with any logo I gave them to use [ my own design or something seen here perhaps ], the mothership could kiss my rosy red butt if they didn't like it.

As far as a club using an unauthorized logo, whole different ball of wax.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    I'm sure if I had my own T's made up with any logo I gave them to use [ my own design or something seen here perhaps ], the mothership could kiss my rosy red butt if they didn't like it.

As far as a club using an unauthorized logo, whole different ball of wax.
    "The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking."
    Greg Feeler

Quote Originally Posted by brownie0486 View Post
    I suspect that depends on whether BMW, or you, have the most money to pay lawyers.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/