• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Celebration: Our Club's 50th Anniversary in 2022 National Rally - Springfield MO!

Registering for 2022

I give up. I've been in all of the menus and event calendars on the website and skimmed this forum and I can not find a registration link. I've been told multiple times to register before 9/1 for the best deal, especially if you were at this year's rally. Can someone post a link, please?

I give up. I've been in all of the menus and event calendars on the website and skimmed this forum and I can not find a registration link. I've been told multiple times to register before 9/1 for the best deal, especially if you were at this year's rally. Can someone post a link, please?

Welcome to the forum!
A bit further down here in the Rally forum is this thread-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?100565-49-registration-for-2022

Seems there has been some confusion but it does include some of the special deal advice for recent attendees.

Good luck.

Gary

Thanks for including the link for everyone Gary.

And just to be clear; the "date" for conformance is until end of THIS Month... July 31st.

Good observation. So, just for the sake of the argument, what kinds of activities would be some combination of fun or educational to celebrate the 50th Anniversary? I expect that there are people working on this already, but maybe folks on the forum can come up with some good ideas?

If we let them know now, maybe BMW could schedule us in and show up this time!! If they're not too busy🤣

……….To have an intensive day-long seminar on the proper usages of anything that may resemble the BMW logo.

If there is time, brochures will be distributed.

:whistle

OM

There was a time when we did do this, iirc it was in conjunction with the Club President’s meeting at the National. We may still do that, but I stopped being a club President about 10 years ago.

Not sure about the MOA, but the RA offers to help clubs with their designs if you submit your artwork.

Honestly, BMW’s Corporate Identity guidelines are extremely easy to follow… there is a professionally-designed PDF book available. But they are highly prescriptive. Essentially, you can only use their BMW name (wordmark) and Roundel in the approved design. We (and the BMW RA) are allowed to use the wordmark outside of the approved design, which if one understands key concepts of brand value, is a real bonus for us.

Ian

Honestly, BMW’s Corporate Identity guidelines are extremely easy to follow… there is a professionally-designed PDF book available. But they are highly prescriptive. Essentially, you can only use their BMW name (wordmark) and Roundel in the approved design. We (and the BMW RA) are allowed to use the wordmark outside of the approved design, which if one understands key concepts of brand value, is a real bonus for us.

Ian

I hope you didn't miss my point-

From a previous thread-

attachment.php

They aren't close, but that's the problem...few people, except those who know what BMW motorcycles are and any possible club affiliation, have a glue as to what the logo references. On the other hand I imagine one glance at the Mall of America logo and you'll know what it is referencing. I'd assume more people have been to Mall of America, than to a MOA meeting.

I can see a problem wearing a BMW logo tee-shirt when pulling off a liquor store heist.....but as long as it's an approved logo. :groovy

I wish the logo made so much sense that the general public wouldn't have to ask- "what does that represent".

OM

You mean like this?

moa%20logo-X2.jpg

That is a bit of a start.

I would like to see a big roundel, the universal BMW symbol, with BMW Motorcycle Owners of America clearly displayed.

Even this gives a hint to the BMW Motorcycle aspect

Motorcycle-Shirt-BMW-Retro-Motorrad-German-Grey-T.jpg

Here is a MOA-

25AFTE-superJumbo.jpg

now extinct

But…….that’s just me.

OM

I would like to see a big roundel, the universal BMW symbol, with BMW Motorcycle Owners of America clearly displayed.

That is never going to happen.

THIS is a MOA:

6-DF37-B77-69-C8-4556-AF02-3-C16-D6-AFA165.jpg

Interesting off-topic side-story…. That whole Mall was designed with AutoCAD software, made by Autodesk… a client of mine from the mid-80s to mid-90s. My agency, working with my computer animation studio, used AutoCAD, Autodesk 3D Studio and Pixar Renderman to create this killer fly-through animation of the place. We had a blast, especially with the LegoLand part! Unfortunately, it was prior to HD video, and I have a copy of it on U-matic ¾” videotape, but for the time it was the talk of the industry.

It was a part of a video we produced, we shot it in January. Good LORD it gets cold up there.

That is never going to happen.

Interesting off-topic side-story…. That whole Mall was designed with AutoCAD software, made by Autodesk… a client of mine from the mid-80s to mid-90s. My agency, working with my computer animation studio, used AutoCAD, Autodesk 3D Studio and Pixar Renderman to create this killer fly-through animation of the place. We had a blast, especially with the LegoLand part! Unfortunately, it was prior to HD video, and I have a copy of it on U-matic ¾” videotape, but for the time it was the talk of the industry.

It was a part of a video we produced, we shot it in January. Good LORD it gets cold up there.

Ian is correct - the t-shirt with a big BMW roundel with a bike laid over it will never happen. The real story behind the BMW AG Corporate Identity Agreement and our current logo is very interesting. We came away with far more than we had when we started, but you don't see that if you only look at what you think we lost. Our current logo ("signet" in BMW CI speak) has run it's course and it's time for something new that can be adopted with the new BMW CI approved logo design format.

We are working on a 50th Anniversary logo for next year. I’m researching tattoo artists (I’ve found a German guy down in Destin, FL) that we might be able to film me getting it tattooed on my arm as the reveal…

We are working on a 50th Anniversary logo for next year. I’m researching tattoo artists (I’ve found a German guy down in Destin, FL) that we might be able to film me getting it tattooed on my arm as the reveal…

That will be a bugger to deal with when the mothership says Nein! :rofl
OM

Back