• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

directional question

2010rt

1974 R90/6 So the speedo and tachometer lights did not work, and the directionals all work on the bike, but on the dash, the directional light blinks a few times and then stops, but directional still works, so I bought a Katdash, installed it, cleaned the connector, all the lights now work except the directional on the dash blinks a few times and stops, any idea's on the cause or what I can check, I'm thinking a relay if there is one or a short. Thanks!!!

scott

Yes, there’s a relay in the headlight bucket. I had the same problem. Someone will suggest a fix either to the relay or a ground wire. Check Snowbum’s site where he details the possible choices for a replacement relay. I bought an inexpensive relay at an auto parts store. It continues to work perfectly. I believe that the warning for a burned out bulb won’t work with the replacement relay, just check the bulbs every so often.

I would also check each bulb in the signals to ensure that they are not burnt out and are grounded properly. It was my understanding that there is a part of the circuit that causes unusual blinking if one or more of the bulbs weren't loading the circuit properly.

Back