• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Engine protection bars 2016 R1200RT

I have the Z-Tecknik front, Ilium rear, on a '16 RT. I like them for two reasons, first: not necessary to remove them during maintenance. Secondly: I've had the bike get knocked over in the parking lot, zero damage done. Also, easily mounted.

Also, they're stainless. No paint, powdercoat, or chrome chipping.

Engine protection, I recommend BMW branded and recommended oils.

Bars, I recommend any that serve dark beer on draft, stouts and porters... can’t go wrong.

I have Ilium Works engine bars on my 15 RT. I like the looks, protection and it provides a great place to mount highway pegs and lights.

So far, I have not drop tested mine.

I have the Z-Tecknik front, Ilium rear, on a '16 RT. I like them for two reasons, first: not necessary to remove them during maintenance. Secondly: I've had the bike get knocked over in the parking lot, zero damage done. Also, easily mounted.

Also, they're stainless. No paint, powdercoat, or chrome chipping.

Thx

I'm using illium works front and rear. The bike has been rolled in-place twice (once by a backing-up '02 325is, and once by some moron in the pilot's seat at a stoplight). Both times, the machine was VERY easy to bring the rubber side back down, nothing was harmed or deformed, and I still can't see the scratches in the bars.

66,000 miles on my ‘16 RT. Engine protection provided by: engine oil change every 6000 miles and foundation supported training. Haven’t dropped my bike once. Get the best engine bike protection money can buy... invest in training, check out our foundation’s Paul B scholarship... best engine protection you can buy.

Touratech on the front, Illium on the back. 2016 RT. Oil filter is accessible, but partial disassembly required when removing the valve covers.

_B024645_Hood_Canal_sm.jpg

I have Ilium Works engine bars on my 15 RT. I like the looks, protection and it provides a great place to mount highway pegs and lights.

So far, I have not drop tested mine.

+1 on Illium. Great product. I think they're also the cheapest. No removal for maintenance either.

Back