• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

### Warranty Costs for 8 Months ###

Because it’s relevant to the conversation: Back in the 1990’s I was the communications officer for C troop 2/17 Cav 101st Airborne Division. I had a Casio watch (G Shock). We used SINCARS radio technology to communicate over FM frequency-hop. We had to have a TOD (Time of Day) in order to speak, 5 seconds off; no commo. I had the NOAC phone number memorized. Problem is, two weeks into a field problem, I did no have access to a phone and my Casio drifted one second forward every 24 hours. 5 days into a field problem all tactical operations within the entire division would shutdown. In the 90’s the proliferation of GPS devices that display time had not occurred yet.

I learned to find the senior pilots who could afford a Rolex or Brietling and synchronize their watches with NOAC prior to the field problem so I could have accurate time throughout the field problem. Rolex would gain about one second every month; huge quality difference when accuracy counts. Eventually, I bought a Brietling. On leave from combat when I became a CW4.

Moral of the story. When quality counts, you get what you pay for. When precision counts money talks. This is why I ride BMW’s.

It appears that your Casio may have been made by BMW.... :laugh

E.

PS: On a more serious side - thank you for your service.

Wow!

$8K in warranty repairs inside of a year? That bike would be history if it were mine! Possible lemmon-law case?

$8K in warranty repairs inside of a year? That bike would be history if it were mine! Possible lemmon-law case?

Welcome to the forum!
Looks like you are fresh in :thumb
I think that is the retail costs that BMW has covered on this members bike.
Enjoy the forum.
Gary

Back