• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What's the Weather like where you are today?

Half sunny and warm, 10ºC. Mom is out with us no no riding for me today. I might get a chance in a couple of days.

In Kerr County, Texas by mid-day it should be 69, and full sun according to the Weather Channel.

I'll be on the black '18 RT. Happy Holidays!!!!! See you on the open road :wave

E.

At the Glaves Adobe in the Texas Big Bend it is 52 and mostly sunny with winds out of the south at 6, headed to a high of 57 and then a low of 41 overnight.

Christmas Day in Sugar Valley, Ga. 1:42 PM. 30 F. 2 inches of rain yesterday with bright sunshine all day today.

Went down to try out a new Head Stall/Bit with Ruthie..........She probably has added 3 inches to her girth from fluffed up winter coat...........No way am I sitting my worn out skinny tail on that hard cold leather saddle.......There is no joy in a day like today......Tomorrow will be 50's ..........Will talk with you about it then......

We have been out of power due to one of the Wawa heirs trees taking out the power line multiple times while he is skiing in Montana. Charging my phone in the car before heading back into the fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-3 F right now.

Pictures from yesterday.

Dec 30 (1).jpg

Dec 30.jpg

A load of wind turbine blades was going by when I stopped to get pictures of the snow removal.

Dec 30 (2).jpg

Here in the Texas Big Bend, 53 miles south of Alpine and 30 miles north of Mexico it is 30 degrees and snowing, with about 5 inches accumulated on the ground. This is the most snow we have received in the 15 years we have lived here and only the 4th or 5th time we have received any snow at all. Other reports both north and south of us report up to 12 inches of snow. Reports are that all highways in neighboring Presidio County and most of them in Brewster County are closed or otherwise impassable. The snow plow is busy. :)

Attachments

• IMG_6395.jpg
    IMG_6395.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 135
12 inches of wet snow might be a problem for flat roofed pole buildings.

Indeed. So far I have not read any reports of collapse but it certainly is possible because most structures down here are not built to withstand significant snow loads. Here at the Adobe there was just enough breeze that the snow on the roofs is not very deep.

Cool at about 0ºC but sunny and nice. No snow for the last few weeks either. I was going to go out on my 640 for the last 2020 ride but the poor little thing wouldn't start in the cold. Bummer.

Back