• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's the Weather like where you are today?

bigjohnsd

'21 R1250 GS Adv
Tuesday - 60F at noon, sunny and a light breeze.

25F at 2200, snowing like hell, NW wind 35-45 with gusts to 70. Expecting 6", but who knows.

This morning the snow that fell in AKBeemers Helena MT yard last night is now in mine.

Now - 18F "Feels like 0F" windy as hell, a 1/4' of ice on the warm but now frozen driveway.
Snow blowing over the top of it and not sticking.

Maybe a "Crystalline Christmas" here on the High Plains!

25F, cloudy with wind gusts 30 to 45 mph.
Supposed to get a little snow later in the day.

Sunny with blue skies and a few clouds and 72 F at 4 pm. Christmas looks to be a little colder though.

No clue what the temp is, I don't have to leave the house, so I don't care! But we have been getting horizontal snow most of the day although it tapered of around noon. It has not snowed much but I do have a 2-3 foot drift in the driveway to get rid of.

Last edited:
Think it hit 82f ahead of the just arrived front, unusually warm. Light freeze tonight.
Really windy on the GS today :stick

About 8" of snow so far this year...temps down to about 11 degrees last week...

And - of course, it'll hit 50 degrees today and tomorrow, with rain added in. Winter in Maine is like a box of chocolates...

Bigjohnsd... please take back the snow that was on your yard, that was on AKbeemer's yard, which is now on my yard...

Windy as all get out yesterday, but it looks like Rochester, MN was spared a lot of the snow that fell to the west. 24 hours ago it was almost 50 (F) degrees, now it's 1 above...

Boston at 930AM 12/24: 50F headed for 55F. Heavy winds and 1.5 inches of rain coming tonight and tomorrow.

-7F this morning, a little blizzard yesterday. As expected, it’s wintertime. White Christmas. Crazy driving. The unwary didn’t take notice of forecasts, ventured out with their AWD vehicles contributing to 400-500 smash ups. My mailbox is still standing.

3F now and sunny and the wind died down.
It looks nice out if you're looking out the window :)

Temp

Colder than a witch’s milk machine with a healthy dose of salt on the roads in case it warms up enough to even think about taking a ride :(

42 but feels like 34 due to an NW breeze.
Overcast but ni precip in sight.
Roads are a little icy and well salted.

No Christmas ride for me :(

No Christmas ride here in North Central Ohio, either. For a Snow Bird who's been grounded by the virus this year it's bad enough to be here in December anyway, but, frankly the weather here sux at the moment. The temps are taking a nose dive, are expected to crash into the teens, and it's actually going to be the White Christmas that so many people get excited about. Having lived my entire life in this kind of climate or worse, I'm not sure exactly what the excitement is about. Oh well, this, too, shall pass. Got in a ride a week or two ago so getting a ride in during the month of December has been accomplished.

Last edited:
Back