• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What's the Weather like where you are today?

Very little snow so far this Winter. 40 degrees and partly sunny today with low winds. If we ride in February, then we will have ridden at least once in every month for the past two years; not bad for Montana.

Hwy 34 west of Creston Iowa
Hwy 34.jpg

Hwy 34 east of town
east of town.jpg

Having cameras on the plows makes for a easy way to check on road conditions.

Boise, ID:

High expected of 41, dry and partly cloudy. Yesterday approached 50, clear skies, no wind. Great riding day.

88F about an hour ago, it's been raining photons for the last 3 weeks.
88 degrees.jpeg
About 79F now.

Last edited:
So does having plows, or so I am told. :)

I was trying to say having pictures of the road updated every 10 minutes or so is a very helpful tool on knowing if it's safe to be on a certain road.
The website used to show a color coded map of roads and a lot of times they were not accurate on showing how much snow was on the road.
It also gives you a good idea of the visibility.
If I don't see at least one clear tire track in the pictures I don't go.

This year with Covid, the decision to stay in town is easy :)

37F, Overcast, Wind 17 mph out of the NW, a little chance of some precip today.

Freya will remain in the warm garage.

0ºC here right now so not really cold. The coldest I've seen so far is about -5. Not looking goof for the ski hills. Supposed to go up to 4º on Monday in which case my bike will start and maybe I'll get out for a spin before I put it away.

I like the little chart, pretty funny.

Our house is at 62ºF right now. I'm wearing a toque, sweater and vest. The missus is in short sleeves and Birk's with no socks.

It was almost 50* here today. 1-3/8ths inches of rain which is much better than a foot and a half of snow. 41* now. Halfway through January. Come on spring!
OM

When I worked at the University of Alaska Fairbanks I sometimes taught a class on cold weather survival and injury prevention. I wasn’t always successful.....

4450-E5-AD-B10-E-46-B9-BA76-C32-E0-FE06958.jpg

Military Mountaineering Instructors Course... in Black Rapids, January 1990; where the Army sent me 48 hours after fighting in the jungles of Panama during Operation Just Cause. Needless to say, I was clearly not as acclimated as your students.

Back