• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who is the wiseguy? (Boxer 1/2 scale motor model)

jimvonbaden

Kool Aid Dispenser!
OK, I received this today, no note, no idea who it came from.

But DAMN! Thanks, whoever your are!!!

This should be a blast to put together, and I will show it here, after Christmas!

Jim :brow

I got one!

I bought one a while back (it was over 200 bucks) but still worth it since I do ride a 75 R90s. Put her together in about 3 hours. VERY COOL to watch in action.

The Christmas Tree got me one

It just appeared there under the tree 2 days after Christmas. Bob (the Christmas tree) is very sneaky and likes to tease so I'll let it sit for a while before I even open the box. I wonder if some 3 D printer guy would ever think about stepping up and printing out all the other parts for an R 90S in the same scale. I have a complete bike that is waiting its turn on the restoration rotation if some tech whiz needs a model to measure, link, sinc and enter to make a scale model for the motor and transmission.

It just appeared there under the tree 2 days after Christmas. Bob (the Christmas tree) is very sneaky and likes to tease so I'll let it sit for a while before I even open the box. I wonder if some 3 D printer guy would ever think about stepping up and printing out all the other parts for an R 90S in the same scale. I have a complete bike that is waiting its turn on the restoration rotation if some tech whiz needs a model to measure, link, sinc and enter to make a scale model for the motor and transmission.

:D I wish!

Jim :brow

All done and hoping for the rest

I took a day off from the restorations so I could get this up and running. It took about 2-3 hours and the rest of the day was spent reading the first half of the manual that gives a brief history of BMW motorcycles. The motor operates as it should with valve action, sparking spark plugs, motor sounds and an operational 5 speed transmission. It was a very nice distraction from the more intense and tedious work I do out in my shop with those rescued BMW's.

Attachments

• R90S1.JPG
    R90S1.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 162
  • R90S2.JPG
    R90S2.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 162
  • R90S3.JPG
    R90S3.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 164
OK, I received this today, no note, no idea who it came from.

But DAMN! Thanks, whoever your are!!!

This should be a blast to put together, and I will show it here, after Christmas!

:thumb

PS, What surprise shiny gift did you get this year?
LONG after Christmas, I finally started/finished it. Took about 3 hours, and I am very impressed by the instructions!

Even came with a timing tool!

Engine was pretty accurate.

Trans was too!

It even shifted like it should.

Overall a very cool toy. It will make a nice addition to my collection.

Even the valves and spark plugs worked as advertised.

https://youtu.be/7kxFqm77DcE

Back