• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What bike should Santa buy and why?

nickrides

Nick Kennedy
If Santa got rid of his reindeer, what bike could he ride and why?
I'm thinking a K 1200 LT. Classy.
Big, roomy fast.
Nick
1990 K75RT

I'd suggest a Ural sidecar rig. Two wheel drive for those snowy roads, and the sidecar will hold his sack of toys. Though it would need a HP boost to make his round the world time schedule.

I'd suggest a Ural sidecar rig. Two wheel drive for those snowy roads, and the sidecar will hold his sack of toys. Though it would need a HP boost to make his round the world time schedule.

And maybe a chase vehicle with parts and a mechanic. :hide

A RED one of course!:p

Like this one?

SAM_0223.jpg

Well that was mean......

FEF95647-04A2-4249-94FB-EE17EA818478.jpg

A good friend of mine has been riding Urals for many years. But, he also lives very close to the importer north of Seattle and they have had to do all kinds of free work for him, including transmission and engine swaps, clutches, and so on. Kind of sobering when you see the list of what all had to be done to get to 100,000 miles.

Kind of sobering when you see the list of what all had to be done to get to 100,000 miles.

The saving grace being that most repairs can be done with a big hammer, an anvil and a large standard screwdriver. Maybe add a prybar for the big jobs. :laugh

The saving grace being that most repairs can be done with a big hammer, an anvil and a large standard screwdriver. Maybe add a prybar for the big jobs. :laugh
And no GS-911 with the latest dongle, wi-fi and windoze 10 enabled laptop. ;)
OM

All good things to have. However, since my buddy rides about 100 miles a day the Ural importer has given him their electric bike prototype to test extensively. He says it's really nice and has about a 95 mile range. Just short of giving him a round trip commute on a single charge.

Santa needs a bike without a motor - for his cholesterol.

E.

It's interesting how some don’t believe in science, but believe in evolution so much they advance the cause.

Last edited:
The HP R-27 with a sidecar.

If they were making an updated version today they would need armed guards at the door.

Merry Christmas to all and Great Days Ahead.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Back