• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

No Mar Tire changer.

rangerreece

RangerReece
6AD3B7A6-7A65-4457-B36F-4852B02E845B.jpeg

The worm has definitely turned in Samson. Looking forward to my first tire change. I was super anxious about sinking the bolts in concrete, had to make a trip to the Geneva hardware store to get some “quality” bits to get 2 3/4” down in that concrete but got er done. Pleased with the final result. The garage mahal is turning into a BMW Motorrad boutique maintenance facility.

Last edited:
I've had one for several years and have lost count of how many I've changed for myself and others. At least a hundred. Having room to work around the machine is pretty important, and it seems like adjusting for different diameter rims takes the most time. Watch the tip of the pry bar as they tend to bend easily. Easily repaired though. A good addition to your BMW boutique maintenance facility.

I first saw one in my friend's garage and fell in love. I plan to put one in the new shed if I ever get it built.

I mounted mine the same way and it is solid. My only advice is to watch the Nomar videos, they are extremely helpful. After a couple of tire changes they are a piece of cake.

Did you get the posi-clamps? I bought my changer after the Gillette rally with the standard cam-lock clamps. I added the post-clamps later, they are far superior when changing the wider tires. Had I known then what I do now, I would have just ordered my machine with the post-clamps right away.

Have fun changing those tires. It's enjoyable, for you and the buddies.

Last edited:
A clean garage is........................... something I’m not familiar with:bow
OM

Love my No-Mar! As stated above, watch their videos, it helps a lot and don't be afraid to use a lot of their tire paste. If it's a big struggle, then your doing it wrong. Warm tires really help.

Tell us about that floor!!

One other video that I really like is this one. It's not about using the tire changer, but it allows us visual folk to see what we are trying to accomplish:

All,
Thanks for the advice. Yes I’ve watched all the videos on the No Mar site, as mentioned, very helpful. I did get the posi clams as well. Truthfully we went in three ways on this me and two other MOA members. Brian Hinton, the rally chair from Iowa, really got in good with Sue from No Mar, and has wanted one ever since. He is the brain child of this project, and knew what to get. Jeff Hanshew, the other member of the triumvirate, and I put it together last weekend. It was really just simple math: at about $400 each, and considering I have the dealership 100 miles away do my tire changes, the No Mar would pay for itself in one year, as I do two tire changes per year based on my milage. The money I spent on tire changes in the last 12 years... I could have bought a new bike already.

Love the name of the shop.

Feel free to use it liberally as you see fit. I never copyrighted my quasi-intellectual property. It’s also interchangeable, as in my Redverz tent is the tent-mahal. Brian Hinton named his Redverz the Hinton-Hilton as I recall. We have fun where we can.

Fair warning Recce, tire changing gets pretty messy at times.

You know me too well! You even spelled my name unofficially right, as reconnaissance is my middle name. (And I always preferred the British rendering of reconnaissance, as my roots run deep in the isles.)

I have a Horrible Freight tire changer with the Mojo updates and it has served me well for 15 years. I was riding Harleys and had a local dealer, but it was a pain to get a tire changed. They wanted you to schedule the service, drop off the motorcycle, they would change the tire when they were ready, not on the hour the appointment was scheduled, then pick up the bike later. So ride out, have the Mrs or a buddy pick me up then the opposite the next day. I could change a tire on my own faster than the hassle, plus get it done when I wanted. It was not a money issue, just a convenience thing. I remember changing tires about 2AM Saturday nite, (Sunday morning, I suppose!), just because I felt like putzing in the shop.

I would go through a rear tire, about 18,000 miles, just about every year, and a front roughly every other year so I saved a few $$.

Now my BMW dealer is 200 miles away and I updated my tire changing tools and am changing tires on my RT.

Back