• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tennessee BMW dealer and mechanic options, Pandora or Bloodworth?

miseenscene

Good day,

I recently moved to Chattanooga TN and am considering the local BMW dealerships. Are there any opinions - good or bad - regarding Pandora in Chattanooga and Bloodworth in Nashville? I do much of my own work but I would like to have a dealer I can trust for jobs I can't tackle.

Thank you all.
Be well, ride safely.
RK

Last edited:
I bought my bike at Bloodworth. They've always done well by me. I bought a set of Schuberth helmets, C-4?, not sure of the designation. At any rate, after just one long ride the round shape was just too painful for my long oval head. I'd bought them primarily for the built-in communications for myself and my girlfriend. I called and talked to Derrick at the parts counter, explaining my dilemna. I asked him if he could exchange them for something with a better fit. "I'll see what I can do" he replied. I sent back the helmets, and Derrick picked out a set of Bell Modular helmets and a Sena 30K communications set and sent them to me. It may be the best-fitting helmet I've ever had, even better than the Arai I used to have.

I have no other BMW dealer experience, as I'd only owned Harleys for the previous 30 years, and Honda and Suzuki prior to that, so I can't speak concerning the Chattanooga dealership, but Bloodworth has always been good to me. The salesman I dealt with, Glen, was quite helpful, no pressure, let me test ride an RT the first time I was ever in there. I knew the next time I went for a ride on my Electra Glide that it would never be enough again. Called Glen, told him to put a sold sign on the Platinum Bronze 2016 RT. Fantastic machine, especially after adding the Russell Day Long seat and some foot boards. Oh, and a Quiet Werks windshield, Ilium bar-backs and engine guards. Good luck to you, hope you find that whichever dealership you end up using works out as well for you.

Hola RK.
We're new to Huntsville, and after frustration with the franchise here in HSV, we get our Beemers serviced at Pandora's (over in the Eastern Time Zone). They have treated us & the bikes well, but they're now a bit touchy about "waiting for your machine" during this here Pandemic!... Might wanna speak to service ahead of time; you'll need an appointment anyways because they're usually swamped. Their facility is currently situated beside a busy hilltop intersection, but we were told they'll be "moving closer to the Interstate next year." Since it's a multi-vendor dealership, they REALLY do need more space for both sales & service...
Happy Hunting & Happy Holidays! :thumb
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Pandora’s. Pandora has also been very good to the MOA over the years.

Good evening,

Thank you for the opinions on both Bloodworth and Pandora. I have been a BMW rider for nearly two decades but just today, bought a lovely used R850r for me spouse to learn on, so I'll be heading to one or the other for parts at least and possibly a check up.

Take care.
Be well, ride safely.
RK

Last edited:
I wouldn't hesitate to use either of those shops... and there are shops I will hesitate to use!

Bloodworth gets my vote

While I only did a fly and drive buying a 2018 R1200r from them they were easy and fair to deal with and I enjoyed dealing with them.

Wooley's Atlanta

I know you did not ask specifically about ATL area, but in case anyone ever in area and needs service. Great folks. Eric runs service dept and Rick, sales. Just a well deserved shout out my "homeport". Ride safe and Happy New Year

I wouldn't hesitate to use either of those shops... and there are shops I will hesitate to use!

Just a shout out: I am always pleased to see dealership personnel, General Managers, owners, service and parts guys and gals as members of our club. I’ve been watching your posts and comments for years now, talked to North Carolina members like Doc, Stew, and others... to a man or woman, they all claim your dealership is awesome. I also see from your profile pic you have good taste in model selection as you too are an RT guy. I’ll see if I can dig up a pic of me and the Mrs. two up from the dragon from that same corner.

Again: thanks for your membership in the club.

81D96E32-1CFE-4C5A-A47B-AA329843E2CB.jpeg

Just a shout out: I am always pleased to see dealership personnel, General Managers, owners, service and parts guys and gals as members of our club. I’ve been watching your posts and comments for years now, talked to North Carolina members like Doc, Stew, and others... to a man or woman, they all claim your dealership is awesome. I also see from your profile pic you have good taste in model selection as you too are an RT guy. I’ll see if I can dig up a pic of me and the Mrs. two up from the dragon from that same corner.

Again: thanks for your membership in the club.

Reece,

This is genuinely appreciated, sir... and it's my/our humble pleasure to be a trusted and valued resource to our community - that's why we're here, man :)

Ride safe!

Back