• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA Getaway - Pine Mountain, Kentucky -- September 10-12, 2021

Hello from your Pine Mountain Hosts!

On behalf of the KY Crew, we are really looking forward to the 2021 Pine Mountain Getaway. We're hoping that the nation will be back to some from of normal by then and we can be at full capacity.

Registration for Pine Mountain is open. Remember you have to book your cabin/lodge room separately from the BMW Getaway registration. 606-337-3066 is the number to Pine Mountain Resort Park. Be sure to let them know you're with the BMWMOA!

If you've attended the Pine Mountain Getaway before and have some ideas of things we can do better, please feel free to share them with me via PM. We're always trying to improve our Getaway. See you in September!

Take care and ride safe!
Daryl Casey

Hello all!

I just spoke with the Pine Mountain Event Coordinator and she told me that effective 11 June Pine Mountain Resort will allow 100% capacity!

We're getting back to normal!!!

Daryl Casey
Pine Mountain Getaway Co-Host

I enjoyed that event last year. A nice place to visit and really nice people. Good roads through coal country. Make sure and check out the overlook at the Cumberland Gap. An easy walk from the parking lot.

Any new news we can use, Daryl?

This Delta variant is bringing back the bad old days across parts of the country. Nevertheless, we'll be stopping by Pine Mountain on our way north & east toward Acadia Park. Yes, I'll have the obligatory mask in my back pocket for the benefit of the squeamish. Some restaurants still are closed to dining-in; more challenging to us riders.

When are we allowed to arrive? Three'ish? :brow

Hope the traffic cooperates from your particular direction of travel; LDW traffic was "very challenging" on 2-laned I-65 north of Nashville... :banghead

CIAO! :eat :beer
Phil & Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Any new news we can use, Daryl?

This Delta variant is bringing back the bad old days across parts of the country. Nevertheless, we'll be stopping by Pine Mountain on our way north & east toward Acadia Park. Yes, I'll have the obligatory mask in my back pocket for the benefit of the squeamish. Some restaurants still are closed to dining-in; more challenging to us riders.

When are we allowed to arrive? Three'ish? :brow

Hope the traffic cooperates from your particular direction of travel; LDW traffic was "very challenging" on 2-laned I-65 north of Nashville... :banghead

CIAO! :eat :beer
Phil & Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Phil,

While KY does not have a mask mandate, there are CDC recommendations that suggest for you to wear a mask indoors. The MOA's policy is they recommend following the CDC guide lines but the MOA will follow any State or Local regulations. Otherwise you do what makes you feel comfortable.

We'll probably open registration before 3pm, so if you get there a little early come on upstairs.

Both the Friday and Saturday evening meals are buffets.

Take care, ride safe and we'll see you on top of the mountain!

Daryl

Another successful Getaway!

Thank you to all attendees for making this a great Getaway! Once again, Pine Mountain State Resort Park provided a wonderful setting for our event. The food was amazing ( the homemade Ranch and Honey Mustard dressing was AWESOME, and that fried chicken....lawd lawd!)

If you attended and noticed something you liked or anything we could do better please let me know. We're always trying to make it a better event.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on top of the mountain again next year!

Daryl Casey
Co-Host Pine Mountain

Thank you to all attendees for making this a great Getaway! Once again, Pine Mountain State Resort Park provided a wonderful setting for our event. The food was amazing ( the homemade Ranch and Honey Mustard dressing was AWESOME, and that fried chicken....lawd lawd!)

If you attended and noticed something you liked or anything we could do better please let me know. We're always trying to make it a better event.

Thanks again and we hope to see you on top of the mountain again next year!

Daryl Casey
Co-Host Pine Mountain

Thanks to Daryl and the crew for another excellent Getaway! Great friends, food and RIDING!!! We did a 247 mile route on Saturday and could pretty much count how many times we had to come to a stop. The roads were just incredible. And Dragon Slayer.....What a gem!!! Best ride day in the 4 years we have been coming. Our crew already booked rooms for next year.

Bmwgsky

Thanks to Daryl and his KY crew for putting together a wonderful event. The staff at Pine Mountain State Park were great as they always are. Super location and event deserving to be on every riders 2022 riding plans.

Back