• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

MOA Getaway - Sun Peaks, British Columbia, Canada -- September 3-5, 2021

That is the second largest ski area in Canada; used to have its longest chairlift.

It was called Tod Mountain, back in the day.

Hopefully the border has re-opened by then.

Last edited:
Well booked the hotel anyway, can always cancel if things do not improve with COVID situation in the next several months.

Even though booked and registered for the Great Falls MT Rally, (carry over from last year), I can just not see things improving enough to cross the boarder by June, there is always hoping I guess and my wife being comfortable enough to attend.

Randy

I'm in the same state of uncertainty as the others over what events I will be able to attend this year. I'm pretty much giving up hope of being able to go to Great Falls so I may see if I can transfer my registration (from last year) to this event in hopes of attending it instead.

There's a few coming from my neck of the woods, at least that is their current plan. Time will tell if that follows through and no doubt depends on the Covid situation.

My wife and I are registered for the National in Great Falls, but in reality I can't see that happening. Vaccine roll out is slow, and I can't really see myself with thousands of people at an event in June. It will be interesting to see when the border opens.

I have little hope the border will open for the rally in Great Falls but have registered for the Sun Peaks get-a-way. By then, with a little luck, I will have had my shot and will be ready for more than day rides... even if camping is necessary to isolate and we meet as a group masked and at an acceptable social distance.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get to Sun Peaks from Spokane. I'm definitely more interested in this Getaway than Great Falls.

Welcome to BC

At this point British Columbia residents are not too interested in tourists from anywhere as some vehicle have been vandalized and or covered in eggs and rotten tomatoes. Not just according to the news media but from Albertans we know returning home.
Some were even cut off on the highways leading to dangerous situations.

People you have to realize that some are taking this virus seriously and really is another summer of riding near home or in your own province with some close riding friends a big deal. We are living through some unprecedented times and some people are paranoid and militant over this situation.
The plan is to ride a motorcycle and enjoy it as far as I’m concerned there are plenty of great roads in Alberta or any province you live that need exploring. Yes I’ll have my vaccine on April 8th but mass gatherings or Great Falls will not happen vaccine or not and open border or not.
To each his own!

I'm hoping a lot of things will have settled out and vaccines will have gotten through Canada as I'm planning a trip down the Trans Taiga around the same time. We have to pay careful attention as the communities up there First Nation and we need to be considerate of what's happening there. We're hoping the border will be open and that we can go to an ADV rally, CroMag, in Vermont from the 8-12. All we can do is wait and see.

I am hoping that 5 months from now the world will look a lot different then today. There is hope and optimism with vaccines becoming more readily available every week, (some coming from our good neighbors in the south!) As mentioned by Beamer Pilot a small portion of BC residents have been very hostile to Albertans but I think the pandemic has just provide the few with a further excuse to dislike there Alberta neighbors. With relatives living in BC and us travelling there on a regular basis, prior to the pandemic, we have experienced hostility to Alberta plates over many years. Now again that was always the minority, but things of a political nature have and always will be a sore point to some from BC/Alberta, but lets not go there.

I love the province of BC, riding there and in the US, as well as my relatives live in BC and hope if there is anything we have learned from this pandemic is to be a little kinder to each other no matter where you are from. I hope the world is in a much better place in 5 months and if so hope to see a good number of my fellow MOA members get together at the Sun Peaks Getaway.

Randy:wave

I just called the office and got the Great Falls Rally refund squared away as well as found out it looks like they are going to postpone the Sun Peaks Getaway this year as the Canada/US border is still up in the air as to when it will open and how.

Since we already booked the hotel and things are starting to look better with the vaccine roll out, we have both had ours, we are going to go anyway and stay at the hotel for a couple days just to get away for a much needed vacation.

Randy

Back