Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MOA Getaway - Sun Peaks, British Columbia, Canada -- September 3-5, 2021

MOA Getaway - Sun Peaks, British Columbia, Canada -- September 3-5, 2021

Another great event in Canada; more info is here:

https://www.bmwmoa.org/event/sunpeaks2021
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Smile

Is anyone looking at going to this Canadian Getaway in Sept.

I would like to attend but will have to see what Covid has in store for us.
    Martin. BMW MOA Ambassador.17748
    BMW MOA Charter, Life member.
    Valley BMW Riders. British Columbia.

That is the second largest ski area in Canada; used to have its longest chairlift.

It was called Tod Mountain, back in the day.

Hopefully the border has re-opened by then.
    Last edited by Rinty; 01-25-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    Rinty

Well booked the hotel anyway, can always cancel if things do not improve with COVID situation in the next several months.

Even though booked and registered for the Great Falls MT Rally, (carry over from last year), I can just not see things improving enough to cross the boarder by June, there is always hoping I guess and my wife being comfortable enough to attend.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Ferras View Post
    Is anyone looking at going to this Canadian Getaway in Sept.
    I plan to attend. Sun Peaks is about 3 hours from Kelowna for me. There's camping available, fyi.
    Gord - Current bike: 2018 R1200RT.

Past BMWs: '77 R100S, '77 R100RS, ('75 2002)

I'm in the same state of uncertainty as the others over what events I will be able to attend this year. I'm pretty much giving up hope of being able to go to Great Falls so I may see if I can transfer my registration (from last year) to this event in hopes of attending it instead.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2019 F850GSA

Bluenoser
    There's a few coming from my neck of the woods, at least that is their current plan. Time will tell if that follows through and no doubt depends on the Covid situation.

My wife and I are registered for the National in Great Falls, but in reality I can't see that happening. Vaccine roll out is slow, and I can't really see myself with thousands of people at an event in June. It will be interesting to see when the border opens.
    1986 K100RT

I have little hope the border will open for the rally in Great Falls but have registered for the Sun Peaks get-a-way. By then, with a little luck, I will have had my shot and will be ready for more than day rides... even if camping is necessary to isolate and we meet as a group masked and at an acceptable social distance.
    "Fools that we are, we have gone to war with nature. If we win, we die.". Silver Donald Cameron

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can get to Sun Peaks from Spokane. I'm definitely more interested in this Getaway than Great Falls.
    2014 - Honda Rebel 250
    2017 - Triumph T120 Black
    2018 - BMW R1200RT Carbon Black Metallic

Welcome to BC

At this point British Columbia residents are not too interested in tourists from anywhere as some vehicle have been vandalized and or covered in eggs and rotten tomatoes. Not just according to the news media but from Albertans we know returning home.
    Some were even cut off on the highways leading to dangerous situations.

People you have to realize that some are taking this virus seriously and really is another summer of riding near home or in your own province with some close riding friends a big deal. We are living through some unprecedented times and some people are paranoid and militant over this situation.
    The plan is to ride a motorcycle and enjoy it as far as Iím concerned there are plenty of great roads in Alberta or any province you live that need exploring. Yes Iíll have my vaccine on April 8th but mass gatherings or Great Falls will not happen vaccine or not and open border or not.
    To each his own!

I'm hoping a lot of things will have settled out and vaccines will have gotten through Canada as I'm planning a trip down the Trans Taiga around the same time. We have to pay careful attention as the communities up there First Nation and we need to be considerate of what's happening there. We're hoping the border will be open and that we can go to an ADV rally, CroMag, in Vermont from the 8-12. All we can do is wait and see.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

I am hoping that 5 months from now the world will look a lot different then today. There is hope and optimism with vaccines becoming more readily available every week, (some coming from our good neighbors in the south!) As mentioned by Beamer Pilot a small portion of BC residents have been very hostile to Albertans but I think the pandemic has just provide the few with a further excuse to dislike there Alberta neighbors. With relatives living in BC and us travelling there on a regular basis, prior to the pandemic, we have experienced hostility to Alberta plates over many years. Now again that was always the minority, but things of a political nature have and always will be a sore point to some from BC/Alberta, but lets not go there.

I love the province of BC, riding there and in the US, as well as my relatives live in BC and hope if there is anything we have learned from this pandemic is to be a little kinder to each other no matter where you are from. I hope the world is in a much better place in 5 months and if so hope to see a good number of my fellow MOA members get together at the Sun Peaks Getaway.

Randy

Has the Sun Peaks MOA Getaway been canceled? Can not find on the Getaway list?

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Ferras View Post
    Has the Sun Peaks MOA Getaway been canceled? Can not find on the Getaway list?
    Yes, it appears that this event is being canceled. The number of registrations is low and there are border crossing issues.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!