• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

MOA Getaway - Doubletree Hotel--Orange Beach, AL; 12-14 Feb 21

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
We're all signed up thru the MOA & Hilton's central reservations office.
Got Ray's e-mail invite on the 9th; we're registered on 14Dec20. $129 per nite at their BMW MOA rate.
Enjoyed the winter visit to the gulf shore last Feb, so we hope there will actually be another in-person Valentine's Getaway in 2021.
Maybe we'll even have a vaccination by then; who knows?
Happy Holidays Y'all & Safe Travels! :eat :drink
From AlaBeemer-Phil & AlaBeemer-Karen

Rhonda and I are registered. Check out page 27 of the ON for my write up on the event. Any questions feel free to call or PM me. Hope to see a lot of you there.

Good to meet up with ~80 hardy MOA members/associates in LA {lower Alabama}!

Also nice to meet 4 folks at our reasonably socially-separated table(s). We met Edgar & Carol of SC, und Berl & Debbie from snowy OK! Maybe they'll wend their way up to Great Falls, und maybe they'll get registered for the Great CoddiWomple in time for their summer eXcursions on both 3 & 2 wheels.

Debbie won an MOA Jacket as a doorprize whilst I won a useful MotoPressor Mini, portable air-pump & tire gauge! For a guy who had four flats in one day last summer during the AlaBeemer picnic ride, U can Never be Too Prepared! We were happy with this year's Orange Beach DoubleTree edition, and we thank Ted Moyer, Reece Mullins, and the other SC assistants for their attention to detail at the 2021 Getaway Kick-Off!

Everyone was invited to take some MOA ADV-ertisement celebrity shots while touring the local area. The point was to try out a new 'RidewithGPS' phone App and see what we might encounter on our day's travels. Team-HSV enjoyed our ride up AL 98-Alt along east side of Mobile Bay to Fairhope, AL for the dormant public gardens, but their local flowerbeds were blooming with tulips & daffodils. T'was too chilly & windy to visit the USS Alabama for the photoshoot, and the Mobile Bay Ferry took the day off as well due to strong northerly winds... :brow

Fairhope-Pier.jpg

We took another shot at the Phoenix Fire Museum after having a decent lunch at the "Joe Cain Cafe" in The Battle House Hotel in Mobile. The 'regulars' were getting a real jump on their Mardi Gras celebrations (I'm told the oldest such celebrations in the US - Not New Orleans).

Phoenix-FD-Museum.jpg

Thanks Everyone for some long delayed MOA fun. We'll be CoddiWompling starting April fools Day! :brad

Ted-KMA.jpg

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Damn, wish I coulda come! Damn Covid, feel like I'm in prison!!

Looks like the usual great moto weather, comfy in ATGATT!

samson_scott-shred.jpg

Went last year to this event. Nice place, good people & well organized. Weather was cool to crappy. Looked the same this year. But it was warmer than here at home that’s for sure :eek Maybe need to move this event back a few weeks in hopes of better weather and warmer temps.

... Maybe need to move this event back a few weeks in hopes of better weather and warmer temps.

Ted remarked that delaying the O.B. event would mean even higher priced rooms... He said that hotel prices all along the coast go up as the temperatures climb, but that same question was raised during a Q&A session. He also indicated that maybe from Feb '22 to Feb '23, the MOA will be doing many "FUN activities" in celebrating its 50th Anniversary year -- so more news will be forthcoming...

We (Phil+Karen) encountered the same Supply vs Demand dilemma when asked to investigate an ALaBeemer getaway weekend in March 2020. Group rates for a block of rooms at the Hilton in Gulf Shores State Park were in the $250/nite range! Don't forget the Cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider!

Our club moved its planned monthly meeting from the gulf shore up to the Tennessee River. We'll have our first Monthly gathering this year on 21-23 May at Joe Wheeler State Park. Jus Sayin, it's cheaper on the river! Come join us near Rogersville in NW Alabama, not far from the Muscle Shoals/Florence National Historical Area -- U can splurge in the Lodge or camp out in the cheap seats... Dinners will be in Daniella’s Dining Room in the lodge.

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :wave :brad :beer

Last edited:
Ted remarked that delaying the O.B. event would mean even higher priced rooms... He said that hotel prices all along the coast go up as the temperatures climb, but that same question was raised during a Q&A session. He also indicated that maybe from Feb '22 to Feb '23, the MOA will be doing many "FUN activities" in celebrating its 50th Anniversary year -- so more news will be forthcoming...

We (Phil+Karen) encountered the same Supply vs Demand dilemma when asked to investigate an ALaBeemer getaway weekend in March 2020. Group rates for a block of rooms at the Hilton in Gulf Shores State Park were in the $250/nite range! Don't forget the Cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider!

Our club moved its planned monthly meeting from the gulf shore up to the Tennessee River. We'll have our first Monthly gathering this year on 21-23 May at Joe Wheeler State Park. Jus Sayin, it's cheaper on the river! Come join us near Rogersville in NW Alabama, not far from the Muscle Shoals/Florence National Historical Area -- U can splurge in the Lodge or camp out in the cheap seats... Dinner's will be in the Daniella’s Dining Room in the lodge.

Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :wave :brad :beer

Thanks for the info. I understand. Hey I will look into the Joe Wheeler deal. Thanks again

Back