• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aloha from Hawaii

bleblanc

Aloha all, I’m Bryan, 38, been riding for 14 years but just recently bought my first BMW 2 weeks ago, a well-taken care of 2015 R1200RT in San Marino Blue. I’ll be retiring from the Navy in 6 months and my retirement gift to myself is shipping the bike back home to Houston where I’ll then be able to ‘go where the road takes me’ for about a month, maybe more; there’s so much of my own nation I’ve yet to see, so I’m hoping the magic of Telelever suspension and 1170cc’s of engineering can help me remedy that. I look forward to learning all about the ins and outs of Motorrad ownership!

Thank you for your service!
Welcome to the forum!
Have a great, healthy retirement.
Gary

Similar story

Retired from the Army in 2008 out of Wheeler Army Airfield after 22 years in the Army. Went to Navy Dive school at Ford Island back in 2001, did some diving with MUDSU ONE on my off time. I bought my first bike from a BMW MOA member in June of 2008, a dark gray 2005 BMW R1200RT. I too had it shipped back in HHG’s to Alabama and began my riding adventure and joined the MOA in September of 2008. Welcome to BMW Motorrad, welcome to the BMW MOA. This is a picture of me and “Ursula” on our first time ever on the tale of the dragon.

8861E30B-6108-42AA-97B2-6DEC4E871676.jpeg

Thanks gents, and that’s definitely one of the routes I plan to take during my time of freedom; I’ve heard life with “ret.” after your name is so much sweeter than active duty life has been! Here’s my R1200RT:
7EC42D35-9FC7-4988-9F8F-6649A88C938B.jpeg

My current ride

3B57D98E-FD65-4B62-8DED-F8B477A1F62C.jpeg

So, after being elected to the board back in 2016 I upgraded to the wethead RT. I put 100,000 miles on Ursula. I’ve now put 65,000 miles on Gretchen. On your way to the Tale of the Dragon (Fontana Getaway in April) you literally have to ride by the house in Samson, AL. Let me know when your out this way we’ll ride together. Call or come by anytime.

Reece Mullins
(334) 470-7770

15 S Johnson St.
Samson, AL

Welcome to the club

Welcome to the club Bryan, thanks for you service. Was stationed at Schofield Barracks back in the 90's for a few years. HI is definitely a different world. I know a couple of guys around the Woodlands that are BMW people. Safe Travels!
Danny

Wilkommen to the MOA Bryan!
Hope that things work out for your forthcoming retirement and for the shipment of your RT to Texas. {The Army wrecked my R90S shipping it in a car container from Felixstowe to Los Angeles back in 1980...} Get some extra insurance would be my recommendation!

Hope you have employment arranged for Houston, cause there are so many more m/c friendly places to retire to across the US - jus sayin. We recently rode our Beemers home from Harlingen to Huntsville; Houston is another metropolis I'd be keen to avoid if I had a choice! Much like our encounters with NYC, Wash DC, Chicago and Atlanta... There are other considerations, of course, other than just passing thru a busy city in heavy traffic.

You're very young tho; you've got a lot of LIVIN to plough thru before your second retirement arrives.
Good Luck in your future endeavors & BMW travels.
Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
USAF(Ret)--USN (Ret) :thumb

Welcome Bryan! You have my gratitude (for your service in the Navy) and my envy (of your wethead). Thanks for the pic.

Welcome, always glad to welcome another Sailor.
I was on three ships homeported in Pearl Harbor over my 20-year career.
Enjoy your retirement, I'm enjoying mine.

Back