• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It’s been almost a year, how do you feel about the Covid vaccine?

What will be your approach for COVID vaccination?

• I’m going to pass on the vaccination.

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • I’m rather nervous but feel it’s worth the risk.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I’m intentionally going to wait- not sure how long.

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Waiting my turn in the distribution/vaccination line will give me the information I need.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I’m high risk, ASAP.

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • Not high risk but will take it as soon as I can get it.

Votes: 34 43.0%

• Total voters

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
If your so inclined, this poll is for curiosity on how likely you we be- and when, you will get a shot with the vaccine 💉

Good health and good luck to all.

OM

I don’t see an option for “Not High Risk but will take it as soon as I can get it.”

Best,
DeVern

Let’s see if the members can pick what closest resembles their thoughts on this issue :thumb
OM

This has been left as a private poll.

You do know the government is going to put tiny electronic trackers in each vaccination, do you?:lurk

You do know the government is going to put tiny electronic trackers in each vaccination, do you?:lurk

No, no, no—it’s Bill Gates who’s doing that. We don’t want to be spreading any misinformation-bearing disinformation here! :wave

DeVern

According to the news this morning, it’s going to be around April for the general public to receive the vaccine.
Probably going to be difficult to see things get back to the way it was pre-COVID, for a while.
OM

Just saw a report yesterday that the Pfiezer [ spelling ] vaccine had 4 people develop Bells Palsy.

I contract what some would call the common flu once every 10-12 years or so. Never got a flu shot. 25 years ago or so the VA offered it while there for other issues and I said sure. Days later, high fever, cold sweats for a few days. Swore I'd not get another shot ever, and haven't when offered.

I'll take my chances with the bug, not the shot. I've become very leary of the governments intentions to distribute it, their rolling it out faster than normal research and development suggests is prudent, and am quite worried with the new admin it'll become mandatory to move about society, take commercial flights etc.

With a little research one can find alarming statistics about any activity, say, motorcycle riding or cutting the grass in the heat of summer after age 65.

I'll take it when it's available. According to one web site providing estimates of "how long is the line?" that is based on the few factors of age and health asked, I'm in the 118th million. My wife is in the 22nd million. I believe for me it will be mid 2021. Not much is going to change for a while for most of us.

The Bells Palsy 4 cases out of 22000 subjects is about the same incidence as what occurs in the general population.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Yeah sure! Over 3,000 dead in one day. Just like the flu. And you don't trust the government. Please keep this nonsense off this forum.

Last edited:
2 vs 1

I suspect the number of people willing to seek out the vaccines will increase when single injection candidates finish stage 3 trails and are approved. I remember the long wait to receive the second Shingrix shot because of shortages. As a public policy decision, right now, those receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines awaiting their second injection have priority over those who still haven't received their first, even though the vaccines have demonstrated reasonably effective protection after just the first shot. So much still to be learned about this virus and these new, cutting-edge RNA vaccines.

"Alternate facts" are amazing, aren't they? The power of media (social or broadcast) to turn someone's fantasy into believed reality is hard for me to comprehend, but it is happening.

Also, relying on a single metric to base a decision is always risky. Hopefully, enough people (70 - 80%) will take the vaccine to wipe out this virus. Good luck to you all.

If William Shakespeare and his 90 year-old fellow citizens (Great Britain) are willing to step up then I think I'm more than happy to trust the government. As I mentioned elsewhere, first vaccinations are scheduled for next week in BC.

Last edited:
Interesting results thus far.

Total of 44 respondents.
50% say they would take the vaccination immediately.
36% would wait.
14% will not take it at all.

I'd be curious to know why 14% would pass.

Back