• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Going After Cruiser Riders

ExGMan

I received a slick mailing from BMW Motorrad USA which seemed to be intended for riders of other cruisers. "$1,000 Conquest Cash" are the key words.

Here's a photo of the appropriate message of the mailing:

IMG_2563.jpeg

Nice try but most (not all) of the Harley riders I know wouldn’t switch no matter what the bait...conversely, most (not all) of the BMW guys I know wouldn’t be tempted by even a steeply discounted Harley! I have a cruiser (heritage softail) and a touring R1200Rt. Two bikes, two moods two uses. I don’t want a BMW cruiser or a Harley touring bike. Never the Twain shall meet! Now if I HAD to only have one bike- hmmmm. Maybe neither. Don’t know what I’d do!

I will say the R18 got some positive attention over on a Harley forum I frequent.

Last edited:
Ironically every Harley and Indian rider I’ve talked to recently (about a dozen) all were very excited about the R18; some are entertaining the idea of trading up.

Biker Checks out the 1800

8BADA2E7-9872-40AB-94F8-EF3DBB06EA02.jpeg
Looks like this biker likes the 1800. Performance Plus BMW in Memphis, Tn.

Just because they are sitting on it with a smile doesn't mean they are buying. I sit on a lot of new bikes, bounce up and down and smile! I will certainly look over the R18, but buying one is not going to happen anytime soon, like in the next five years. Perhaps, eventually, but right now I like panniers and a top case. I would more likely buy a K1600B.

Sometime back I read that the most common combination of brands among those that own two different brands of motorcycles is Harley and BMW. Must be true since I read it on this forum.

Back