• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Westchester County, NY

stellr1250gsa

Hello Everyone! My name is Mike, 53 years old and recently purchased a '21 R1250GSA: Triple Black, premium, comfort, touring, dynamic, lights packages. I can't take delivery until the sales hold is released, hopefully soon! I've been wanting to get into adventure riding for quite some time and always wanted a BMW. Looks like a fantastic forum and ownership group and I look forward to contributing. I welcome any recommendations for a newbie and would like to join a local club if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks!

Welcome Mike! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Sorry that I don't have any recommendations as adventure riding is not my thing but would love to see pics of the bike once it is in your possession.

Hi Mike, I'm Mike too also 53. I ride a couple of KTM's for Adventure riding and offload and a couple of Beemers for street riding. Welcome from Newfoundland. Feel free to come on up here for some adventure riding and a visit as we're opening a B&B for touring motorcycles with the adventure crowd being our primary market. I'm the same username on ADVrider and a few other forums as well.

Here's a link to my last mini adventure close to home last week.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/newfoundland-mini-adventure.1477693/

G'Day Mike! Hope that you're a seasoned rider just now with a new gigantic GSA to wrestle. Good luck riding for the rest of this FUBAR'd year up in your crowded neighborhood; weather's getting a bit iffy. I'd recommend you get some professional coaching next year if you're rusty. It's never a bad idea to have someone evaluate your skills and maybe learn some new tricks (like practicing your Emergency Braking skills on a totally new machine). We've taken Ken's course(s) up there in western MA & S-VT. He even had us running laps at the Thompson Speedway in CT. I'd highly recommend you consider something along these lines >> https://www.ridinginthezone.com <<
Happy Trails, now and into 2021! :thumb
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Thanks

G'Day Mike! Hope that you're a seasoned rider just now with a new gigantic GSA to wrestle. Good luck riding for the rest of this FUBAR'd year up in your crowded neighborhood; weather's getting a bit iffy. I'd recommend you get some professional coaching next year if you're rusty. It's never a bad idea to have someone evaluate your skills and maybe learn some new tricks (like practicing your Emergency Braking skills on a totally new machine). We've taken Ken's course(s) up there in western MA & S-VT. He even had us running laps at the Thompson Speedway in CT. I'd highly recommend you consider something along these lines >> https://www.ridinginthezone.com <<
Happy Trails, now and into 2021! :thumb
Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen
'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Great advice and will certainly look into doing that! I have a home in the Berkshires so will look to take the coaching in Western MA. I will definitely need practice on the Big GSA!

Thanks

Hi Mike, I'm Mike too also 53. I ride a couple of KTM's for Adventure riding and offload and a couple of Beemers for street riding. Welcome from Newfoundland. Feel free to come on up here for some adventure riding and a visit as we're opening a B&B for touring motorcycles with the adventure crowd being our primary market. I'm the same username on ADVrider and a few other forums as well.

Here's a link to my last mini adventure close to home last week.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/newfoundland-mini-adventure.1477693/

Riding to Newfoundland is definitely on my ADV bucket list! I also have a Tenere 700 for "lighter" ADV riding on more technical terrain and have a MT-10 for my street riding. Best of luck with the B&B and hope to be a guest!

Back