• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A Bonus December Ride through Badlands National Park

bigjohnsd

'21 R1250 GS Adv
Another beautiful December day. I got a late start after SWMBO deemed it necessary to modify some Christmas decoration lights. But by 1100 I was geared up and ready to hit the road. Slabbed it to Rapid City, fueled, then down SD 44 to Scenic, then to the park via Sage Creek Road (25 miles of good gravel) entering at the NE corner of the park. Continued through the park on 240 (The Rim Road) and exited at the NE Exit. Home via I-90 and beat sunset by 20 minutes. Temps from 52F to 60F. No wind to speak of.

12-06-2020%20Badlands%20Loop-L.png

Last edited:
Still doing a bit of riding here in Montana as well. Our weather is not quite as salubrious as BigJohn’s, but still unusually good for this time of year.

That's a cool app. I just downloaded it from Play Store. Hopefully it works well for both motorcycle and Bicycles.
Thanks for sharing.

I will have to remember that road. Maybe next time we are down that way I will get the R1200RT dusty. I have been through on 44 over to Interior an out, but this looks like a better sightseeing route.

I will have to remember that road. Maybe next time we are down that way I will get the R1200RT dusty. I have been through on 44 over to Interior an out, but this looks like a better sightseeing route.

It certainly is and easily doable on an RT as long as it is dry.

Back