Thread: Repeated tapatalk prompts

Repeated tapatalk prompts

Every time I log on with my iPad I get asked if I want to continue with Safari or use the tapatalk app. I donít use tapatalk. I have never used it. I donít want to use it. I only want to use safari and I wish the forum (or safari, or whatever) would remember this and stop asking.

Does anyone know, is this prompt coming from the forum or from my iPad?
    Anton Largiader 72724
    Tech articles - YouTube
    Virginia Motorrad Werkstatt BMW motorcycle service and repair in central Virginia

Happens to me as well on my iPhone, but not on my Mac. It is a PITA.
    Kevin Huddy
    Silver City, Montana
    MOA# 24,790 Ambassador

Happens on my Android tablet, so it appears that it is something coming from the forum since it seems to be platform independent. It's been a pain, but I have been just clicking continue and move on. I just tried my tablet and it didn't show up...I wonder what triggers it. I would like to see it again to get deeper into its source.
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Yeah....me too. Mainly happening on the iPhone,I havenít been able figure out why. A recent update to the iPad solved the problem of how the forum (randomly) displays on the screen
    There have been rather large changes in many operating systems recently. I suspect, as I only see this here on the MOA Forum, itís something at the server level.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I get the default browser/Tapatalk question on my Android phone, only on this site, and only after selecting a thread to read. I've never installed Tapatalk on this phone, so the query must be coming from the forum software. I think it just started a couple months ago. It's nuisance to click past because it is very, very small. Seems like my preference should be stored on a cookie so I don't need to deal with the question on every visit.

I briefly installed Tapatalk on a previous phone and quickly removed it. This forum is quite usable on a phone without learning another app.
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

yeah, wish there was a way to permanently block tapatalk. the annoying repeated prompts are a PITA. i will never use it, and the intrusive nature of the advertising for it makes me not ever want to use it even more.

its not only this forum unfortunately.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 09 K1300s

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    On my iPhone, the TT deal turns the screen into a hazy overlay in which I have to click on the lower right to make it go away. It only happens occasionally, i think it started around August.
    TT was or at least seemed to be all the rage for a while. Perhaps it's losing its luster?
    This is the first I have heard of it being on other forums. I'm curious which ones and if they are VB Forums.
    The Moderators are doing some research into the goings on. Not sure if a change can be made.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Thanks to the Moderators for their efforts in eliminating this PITA!
    The only dumb question is the unasked question!

Team Pterodactyl - When we ride, we ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    On my iPhone, the TT deal turns the screen into a hazy overlay in which I have to click on the lower right to make it go away. It only happens occasionally, i think it started around August.
    TT was or at least seemed to be all the rage for a while. Perhaps it's losing its luster?
    This is the first I have heard of it being on other forums. I'm curious which ones and if they are VB Forums.
    The Moderators are doing some research into the goings on. Not sure if a change can be made.
    OM
    bimmerforums.com for one. yes, it is a VB forum.
    Marshall
    92 K75s, 94 K75s, 09 K1300s