• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Repeated tapatalk prompts

AntonLargiader

Every time I log on with my iPad I get asked if I want to continue with Safari or use the tapatalk app. I don’t use tapatalk. I have never used it. I don’t want to use it. I only want to use safari and I wish the forum (or safari, or whatever) would remember this and stop asking.

Does anyone know, is this prompt coming from the forum or from my iPad?

Happens on my Android tablet, so it appears that it is something coming from the forum since it seems to be platform independent. It's been a pain, but I have been just clicking continue and move on. I just tried my tablet and it didn't show up...I wonder what triggers it. I would like to see it again to get deeper into its source.

Yeah....me too. Mainly happening on the iPhone,I haven’t been able figure out why. A recent update to the iPad solved the problem of how the forum (randomly) displays on the screen
There have been rather large changes in many operating systems recently. I suspect, as I only see this here on the MOA Forum, it’s something at the server level.
OM

I get the default browser/Tapatalk question on my Android phone, only on this site, and only after selecting a thread to read. I've never installed Tapatalk on this phone, so the query must be coming from the forum software. I think it just started a couple months ago. It's nuisance to click past because it is very, very small. Seems like my preference should be stored on a cookie so I don't need to deal with the question on every visit.

I briefly installed Tapatalk on a previous phone and quickly removed it. This forum is quite usable on a phone without learning another app.

yeah, wish there was a way to permanently block tapatalk. the annoying repeated prompts are a PITA. i will never use it, and the intrusive nature of the advertising for it makes me not ever want to use it even more.

its not only this forum unfortunately.

On my iPhone, the TT deal turns the screen into a hazy overlay in which I have to click on the lower right to make it go away. It only happens occasionally, i think it started around August.
TT was or at least seemed to be all the rage for a while. Perhaps it's losing its luster?
This is the first I have heard of it being on other forums. I'm curious which ones and if they are VB Forums.
The Moderators are doing some research into the goings on. Not sure if a change can be made.
OM

On my iPhone, the TT deal turns the screen into a hazy overlay in which I have to click on the lower right to make it go away. It only happens occasionally, i think it started around August.
TT was or at least seemed to be all the rage for a while. Perhaps it's losing its luster?
This is the first I have heard of it being on other forums. I'm curious which ones and if they are VB Forums.
The Moderators are doing some research into the goings on. Not sure if a change can be made.
OM

bimmerforums.com for one. yes, it is a VB forum.

Back