• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F800gs seat for someone suffering from NBS

Zwniana

Another seat thread for a replacement seat for someone suffering from NBS (no butt syndrome). Although my sit bones don’t start hurting hen riding less than an hour, my tailbone starts hurting within 15 min. Added the air hawk and now can tolerate a ride for 30-45 min, but then tailbone pain again. Anyone recommend a sear?

I find that leaning forward definitely helps take off the pain from the tailbone.

My stock seat was painful. The Sargent seat a bit better. The Sargent with an Airhawk.....a bit better. I have trouble ordering custom fit items butt I have a friend who is an excellent photographer (John :wave) and I am tempted to go through the photographic process and get the seat nobody complains about- Russel Day Long.
Good luck.
Report back when you can.
OM

Anyone have luck with the Saddleman Adventure Track? The cutout looks like it would really take the pressure off.

Stock seat was brutal (pushed me forward). Picked up a BMW "comfort" seat, not much better after an hour. Recently got a Touratech seat and it seems to have solved the problem. It is mostly flat and doesn't push me forward or crowd me into handlebars. Once the weather here in New England cooperates, I will be testing it on longer adventure rides, but so far, I like it.

Try a custom seat (re-)builder

Most custom seat (re-)builders can make specific augmentations to the foam or seat pan to help this situation. For myself, I physically visit Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany, Oregon. The folks there (Don Weber or his apprentice) tear down my existing seat, measure my butt (and that of my wife), build up new seat cushion with different foams for different "hot" or "sensitive" parts, and then make a new-to-fit cover. It takes about 4 hours; a specific appointment allows them to do the exact fit.

Working with Mr. Ed's turned my 1-hour OEM saddle of 800cc F-series into an all-day saddle. It is a WONDERFUL improvement.

Other seat builders - even the big names - can do a creditable job, but most also offer appointments to do "true custom" while you're there to make a perfect fit. Ask them about it.

Check if anyone in your area can do this while you wait!

Hi all ended up trying the saddleman adventure track and still had tailbone pain. Has anyone tried the butt buffer?

Back