• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

07 K1200GT Seat help with part numbers

7575ben

I recently purchased a new to me 07 K1200GT. I am in the process of fitting it to my size from the previous owner. I am 6'3" 250 lbs with 35 in inseam. Previous owner was 5'7" and 165 lbs. Bike came with two aftermarket seats, a Corbin low with backrest and a Sargent low without backrest. I am planning on having a custom taller seat made and need a BMW stock seat pan to build from. I looked up what I thought were correct part numbers on Real OEM and searched. I purchased a rider seat and passenger seat from two different people, just what was available at the time. When I attempted to install the rider seat,it fits fine, however the passenger seat doesn't fit with the rider. What I think may have happened was that my passenger seat is the low version and the rider is the taller one? The passenger seat part number is 5253-7687985-03 which is identical to the seat pan on the Sargent low seat set that I have. The stock BMW rider seat number is 5253-7704285. All the seats are black in color and heated. What did I miss or what part number should I be looking for as to the passenger seat to match with the rider seat.
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Longtime BMW car guy with first BMW motorcycle.

One thing to remember the part number molded into the pan is the part number for the pan but does not tell you if it is a low or high seat.
BMW usually puts a sticker on the pan showing the number for the high or low option. The sticker usually falls off in a year or two.

Your part numbers do not match any of the seat pans I see on the Max BMW parts fiche.

Thanks to all

After looking at the Sargent site with photo's it is clear that I have a rider seat with the older style and two rear seats of the newer style. Now that I know there is a difference and the part #s I had are the seat pan I can locate a rear seat of the newer style and will have what I need to get the custom seat made. The support from other riders and BMW owners is always great.
Thanks,
7575Ben

Corbin and Sargent Seat

I recently purchased a new to me 07 K1200GT. I am in the process of fitting it to my size from the previous owner. I am 6'3" 250 lbs with 35 in inseam. Previous owner was 5'7" and 165 lbs. Bike came with two aftermarket seats, a Corbin low with backrest and a Sargent low without backrest. I am planning on having a custom taller seat made and need a BMW stock seat pan to build from. I looked up what I thought were correct part numbers on Real OEM and searched. I purchased a rider seat and passenger seat from two different people, just what was available at the time. When I attempted to install the rider seat,it fits fine, however the passenger seat doesn't fit with the rider. What I think may have happened was that my passenger seat is the low version and the rider is the taller one? The passenger seat part number is 5253-7687985-03 which is identical to the seat pan on the Sargent low seat set that I have. The stock BMW rider seat number is 5253-7704285. All the seats are black in color and heated. What did I miss or what part number should I be looking for as to the passenger seat to match with the rider seat.
Thanks for any help you can provide,
Longtime BMW car guy with first BMW motorcycle.

Please accept my apology if i did not do this correctly. i just recently purchased a new to me 08 k1200GT. the stock seat is terrible and i am interested in a Sargent. i am 5'6' and this might work for me. If you still have it, would you be interested in selling it?

Back