• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Glad to be back

edzr60

Hi my name is Ed Janecek from New Berlin WI. I have been a member of BMWMOA off and on for 40 years. Back in the day the best rallies I remember were Wisconsin Dells, Iowa, and the National at Loretta Lynn's dude ranch. Can't do the long distance riding anymore but I do enjoy the local ride-in bike nights. I have had 41 motorcycles since 1973 and 7 of those were airheads, which were my favorites. My current project is a '71 R50/5 that nobody loved. I hope to be an active member of the forum to get some advice and hopefully give some advice too.

Last edited:
Welcome back! That National at Loretta Lynn's was my first rally...do you remember seeing me there? :stick Anyway, sounds like you have a nice project on your hands. Keep us apprised as things move along with the bike.

Hi my name is Ed Janecek from New Berlin WI. Can't do the long distance riding anymore but I do enjoy the local ride-in bike nights. I have had 41 motorcycles since 1973 and 7 of those were airheads, which were my favorites. My current project is a '71 R50/5 that nobody loved. I hope to be an active member of the forum to get some advice and hopefully give some advice too.

Hola Ed from Wisconsin!
Glad you're back (again)! Have fun in your man-cave rebuilding your /5 this winter (it beats Ice Fishing I'd imagine). Sorry you're no longer up for LDR, but hope you have some locals to meet up with for Bike Nite! We moved to HSV, and we're always meeting with the NAVMC contingent for beer or food or both. They're an eclectic group of bikers to be sure.

Happy Trails!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :thumb

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS

Welcome back

Welcome back from South Louisiana. Once you ride, I dont think you can ever get motorcycles "out of your system.":thumb

Back