• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Feedback wanted for Shinko 705's on a R1250GS

srmRT

Not mine--I ride an RT--but a friend has a 2019 GS1250 with the front Bridgestone OEM tire about gone at 7,000 miles with the rear still very good. He is considering Shinko 705's and is looking for any feedback on their performance on similar GS's. He rides 100% on road and does not ride hard. He likes Shinko's because of their pricing and his experience with their 009 Ravens on two RT's he has owned, an '05 and a '14.

We both started on BMW's with new 2000 GS1150's and he ran several sets of Tourances on that bike, with excellent results, and knows they are good tires, although more expensive than Shinko's.

Having been away from GS's for the last two bikes prior to this 2019GS, he is also looking for feedback about the continued popularity of the Tourances.

Also, any recommendations on "street tires" for his GS1250 would be appreciated, as will all other feedback on the other items mentioned.

Thanks.

Steve

I've been through multiple sets on my 1200 GSA. I usually get about 9,000 miles on a front and it takes two rears to get there.

At present, I think these Dunlop Trailsmarts are a better deal - I have one set on my bike and two more sets in the garage:

Dunlop Trailsmart Dual Sport Radial Front Tire
Item #331-16TF06
Size:120/70R-19$38.93
Update$38.93
10+ in stock: Ready to ship
10+ available for store pickup in 48 hours
Get 38 rewards points when you purchase this item

Dunlop Trailsmart Dual Sport Radial Rear Tire
Item #331-16TF10
Size:170/60R-17$59.87
Update$59.87
10+ in stock: Ready to ship
10+ available for store pickup in 48 hours
Get 59 rewards points when you purchase this item

https://www.chapmoto.com/dunlop-trailsmart-dual-sport-radial-rear-tire-parent-331-16tf07

Thanks bigjohnsd,

I will pass the information on. Chaparral has been around a long time, IRRC. Those prices look pretty good, as do the Dunlops. :)

Thanks again.

Steve

Back