• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mischler's BMW in Beaver Dam, WI Closing permanantly

Curious, what dealers in Marietta and Atlanta have closed?

Back in the 80's and since, there have been a number come and go. Anyone have a stack of old anonymous books so we can check dealers through the years? Use to have one in Cobb country in mid 80's. Guess you could start with Blue Moon, bought a used '13 RT from them when still a BMW dealer. I want to say there was a Global BMW in Atlanta at one time however, my file has only year and town, not dealerships names.

Last edited:
Hourglass BMW in Buford GA (north Atlanta area) just closed a few months ago. Only one BMW dealer left in Atlanta that I'm aware of.

Not a BMW dealer but my Local Honda, Suzuki, KTM & Husky dealer has just had the best year ever and they have been in business for a very long time. They have hardly any bikes left. 2021 is going to be a leaner year for them as they have been told to expect only 30 % of the product they have ordered. All due to Covid cutbacks at factories. Parts availability is also causing some issues.

It is sad to see any dealer close but the motorcycle business has gotten a lot smaller over the years. Many reasons why, less demand is the biggest reason.

A few weeks ago, I read elsewhere (ADV forum maybe) that the Beaver Dam closure is one of the H-D dealerships being closed by H-D Corp.

After reading some posts on an HD site, Harley corporate is indeed closing stores that do not sell enough bikes and Mischler was given notice last fall and there was not enough activity with BMW. One Beemer store left in Green Bay, WI area and they have multiple lines of new bikes including Royal Enfield and Indian.

After reading some posts on an HD site, Harley corporate is indeed closing stores that do not sell enough bikes and Mischler was given notice last fall and there was not enough activity with BMW. One Beemer store left in Green Bay, WI area and they have multiple lines of new bikes including Royal Enfield and Indian.

Just talked to Sue via text yesterday, in conversation she mentioned the exact same thing. When making a pilgrimage to Lambeau Field several years ago, the Green Bay dealership was on the agenda. I have a long sleeve dealership shirt from that dealership... one of my favorites.

I hope things turn around for us nationally sooner rather than later, I don’t want to see any more dealerships go belly up for any reason.

Just talked to Sue via text yesterday, in conversation she mentioned the exact same thing. When making a pilgrimage to Lambeau Field several years ago, the Green Bay dealership was on the agenda. I have a long sleeve dealership shirt from that dealership... one of my favorites.

I hope things turn around for us nationally sooner rather than later, I don’t want to see any more dealerships go belly up for any reason.

Right now, the biggest thing affecting BMW dealers is the Hayes Brake stop-sale. BWM's most popular models all have Hayes calipers. Hard to prosper when you can't sell your most popular models.

I find it surprising that Hayes, a Milwaukee company, is supplying BMW while Brembo is supplying Harley.

I find it surprising that Hayes, a Milwaukee company, is supplying BMW while Brembo is supplying Harley.

Off topic here but as it relates to the Hayes leakage and recalls this jusst made me wonder:

Harley used to use (maybe they still do) Dot 5 brake fluid. Last I checked Dot 5 silicone based fluid was not compatible with Dot 4, and probably seals for Dot 4 differ than those for Dot 5, and certainly those (think clutch) for mineral oil? Now I wonder whether it was just a machining mistake or something more insidious.

H-D for a brief period used a silicone-based DOT 5 fluid; seals and fluid were incompatible with any DOT3 or DOT4 materials. They have since gone to DOT 5.1, which is described as a non-silicone DOT5 fluid. I have no idea what, if anything, it is compatible with. But Hayes makes brake components for a lot of different applications, so between that and the fact that rebuilding the calipers did not seem to cure the problem—which one could reasonably assume would have been done with compatible materials once the issue surfaced—I’d be inclined to believe the offered reason of mismachined parts.

Someone forgot to properly zero the machine, or the CNC program was in error...

Best,
DeVern

Edit: ran across this: http://www.safebraking.com/what-is-dot-5-1-brake-fluid/

Mischler’s Beaver Dam, Wi.

I used to travel for a living; along the way I visited a lot of BMW dealerships. Usually bought a cap, T, or coffee cup.
DCA05FC4-533A-4274-8B72-F034B831F054.jpeg
2BEBDCC4-7D5A-4D30-9D37-FA085A697BEC.jpeg
Saddened to hear it’s gone.

Back