• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mischler's BMW in Beaver Dam, WI Closing permanantly

Just talked to Erich Mischler and he said Mischler's BMW/Harley dealership in Beaver Dam, WI last day in business is December 23,2020.
Covid and a shrinking demographic likely to blame. Expensive Motorrad dealership upgrades might also be a factor.
We lost another great Beemer dealership in southeast WI recently, Schlossman's BMW/Triumph in Milwaukee.

Just talked to Erich Mischler and he said Mischler's BMW/Harley dealership in Beaver Dam, WI last day in business is December 23,2020.
Covid and a shrinking demographic likely to blame. Expensive Motorrad dealership upgrades might also be a factor.
We lost another great Beemer dealership in southeast WI recently, Schlossman's BMW/Triumph in Milwaukee.

Well not having any 2021 R1250GS/GSA/RT bikes available due to stop-sale certainly can't be helping, and HD is strangling dealers, too.

I am sorry to read this. I have only dealt with Mischlers twice. Both times due to a mechanical malfunction while touring. The parts manager and service techs were excellent both times.

p.s. Did you ever lose a clutch slave cylinder while touring. If so, this was a good place to meet the parts manager. :)

p.s. Sue Rinh and Brian provided the work space for the fix.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I think this is the harbinger of things to come. A lot of forces right now conspiring against the motorcycle and its riders of North America. I pray I’m wrong, I hate it when I’m right.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I thing this is the harbinger of things to come. A lot of forces right now conspiring against the motorcycle and its riders of North America. I pray I’m wrong, I hate it when I’m right.

The more things change the more they stay the same.

A lot of forces right now conspiring against the motorcycle and its riders of North America. QUOTE]

Not sure of how things are in the US (apparently not good) but the dealers in my neck of the woods are going gangbusters (and just where did that saying come from?). Even though they have instituted a "by appointment only" policy, they're moving new product. A buddy of mine just picked up a new bike yesterday. And the independent repair shops are also doing a strong business right into the months where it typically slows down.

Hopefully things turn around for you folks soon. Losing good dealers is painful for both the employees, their families and their clients.

Not sure of how things are in the US (apparently not good) but the dealers in my neck of the woods are going gangbusters.

Anything dealing with outside activities has done very well. Production of new vehicles was down because of plants shutting down but used and service has been great.
Bicycle shops probably had their best year.
I went to a private motorcycle shop for tires a few weeks ago and the owner said he had been swamped all year.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is something going on behind the scene that caused this dealership to close. From what I’ve noticed, dealerships can’t keep bikes on the showroom floor lately. I’ve even noticed that the bikes that sat on the showroom floor for months prior to the pandemic are now starting to disappear.

Also, these two dealerships appear to be the only BMW dealerships in Wisconsin, and both are in southeast Wisconsin, and only 91 miles away from each other. I wonder if their proximity to each other, and other dealerships in Chicago, Barrington, Lakeville, Monticello, and Richfield could be partly responsible?

Regardless, it really concerns me when a BMW dealership closes...

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/De+...14bb8ae5ad308f9!2m2!1d-88.837329!2d43.4577692

E.

Been to both dealerships on several occasions. Enjoyed those visits. Saddens me that they are now gone. The times, they are a changing. I don’t like it. I’m almost 68 and I’m sure I’ll see more closings of BMW dealerships I’ve patronized. Not good, but reality.

I wonder if there is something going on behind the scene that caused this dealership to close.

E.

Maybe it's one of the shops that Harley closed.
When we have stopped there it looked like Harley may have been the main part of the business.

In the mid-west most dealers I've spoken with have had a surprisingly good year. Of course, if not for the DO NOT SELL order for certain models, it could have been better. Covid, economy or whatever, closings of BMW dealerships is nothing new. In fact, there have been other times when the numbers of closing dealers was on a faster pace. These are some of the dealers (or their locations) where I've purchased BMW models or bought items, that have closed or franchise dropped, over the years: South Bend, Indiana (2 dealers ), Savoy Illinois, Naperville Illinois, Rockford Illinois, Lynchburg Virginia, Countryside Illinois, Indianapolis Indiana (3 dealers), Cincinnati Ohio, Springfield Ohio, Springfield Illinois, Laurel Illinois, Wooster Ohio, Columbus Ohio, Roman's in Ohio, Peoria Illinois, St. Joe Illinois, St. Louis Missouri, Chicago Illinois, Southside Chicago in Illinois, Beaver Dam Wisconsin (soon), Dayton Ohio, Cedar Rapids Iowa, Fort Wayne Indiana (2 dealers), Marietta Georgia, Atlanta Georgia, Fremont Ohio, Mishawaka Indiana and more that don't come to mind right now. And of course this has been repeated throughout all the US regions.

In the mid-west most dealers I've spoken with have had a surprisingly good year. Of course, if not for the DO NOT SELL order for certain models, it could have been better. Covid, economy or whatever, closings of BMW dealerships is nothing new. In fact, there have been other times when the numbers of closing dealers was on a faster pace. These are some of the dealers (or their locations) where I've purchased BMW models or bought items, that have closed or franchise dropped, over the years: South Bend, Indiana (2 dealers ), Savoy Illinois, Naperville Illinois, Rockford Illinois, Lynchburg Virginia, Countryside Illinois, Indianapolis Indiana (3 dealers), Cincinnati Ohio, Springfield Ohio, Springfield Illinois, Laurel Illinois, Wooster Ohio, Columbus Ohio, Roman's in Ohio, Peoria Illinois, St. Joe Illinois, St. Louis Missouri, Chicago Illinois, Southside Chicago in Illinois, Beaver Dam Wisconsin (soon), Dayton Ohio, Cedar Rapids Iowa, Fort Wayne Indiana (2 dealers), Marietta Georgia, Atlanta Georgia, Fremont Ohio, Mishawaka Indiana and more that don't come to mind right now. And of course this has been repeated throughout all the US regions.

What dealer was in Cedar Rapids?

A few weeks ago, I read elsewhere (ADV forum maybe) that the Beaver Dam closure is one of the H-D dealerships being closed by H-D Corp.

A few weeks ago, I read elsewhere (ADV forum maybe) that the Beaver Dam closure is one of the H-D dealerships being closed by H-D Corp.

Thanks. The owner probably thought he could not survive without the Harley part of the shop.

Dang, that's a lot of closed dealers. It must feel like the grim reaper when you show up a dealership. :laugh

What dealer was in Cedar Rapids?

I lived in Marion from 1974 to 1978, I believe the dealership was on northern side of Cedar Rapids, It was a BMW/Yamaha dealer, but I can not remember the name. I believe on northside, but 40 plus years ago fogs my memory.

I lived in Marion from 1974 to 1978, I believe the dealership was on northern side of Cedar Rapids, It was a BMW/Yamaha dealer, but I can not remember the name. I believe on northside, but 40 plus years ago fogs my memory.
Before my time. My first BMW was purchased in 1984.

In the big scheme of things the loss of a dealer becomes a loss to BMW Motorrad, although it doesn't seem like most motorcycle mother ships grasp that.
The dealership where I bought my GS closed and was not replaced. It was a little more than a 1.5 hour ride. Now I'm adding another hour to a dealership. I found a great one, but anything is now pretty much a lost day. I'm not sure I would have bought the Beemer even though it was the bike I wanted if the original.dealer was that much further away. Now, that's just me. Still I was sold on the bike long before I went to the dealership. Imagine the more casual shopper.

Back