• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

How do people mount their flat surface lights to the aux light bracket?

brownie0486

Got the MaMo brackets for aux lights up front. I want to put Rigid D2's on, but the mount is for a flat surface as many lights are. So, wondering how people are solving this problem. It's got to be a bar mount with flat surface to mate the base of the light to. Looking for suggestions. Some of the bar brackets that would seem to work get fairly bad reviews where not moving on the bar is concerned. Thanks

When I bought my bike, the previous owner had a mounting bracket under the oil cooler where the PIAAs were mounted. That location with that bike often had the lights hitting the front fender. I removed the Roundels and attached the lights there, as seen in the picture below. The wide separation makes for a larger triangle. Since I took this photo, I have since added an additional (but smaller) Roundel on the side panels.

My K has PIAA knockoffs and I mounted them with no problems on the side panels as well.

On another note, I have since removed the PIAA's light bulbs and replaced them with $12 LEDs from Home Depot. Ran for awhile with one LED and the standard PIAA; no difference with the light output, but less power is being used.

America 2011 166 (800x533).jpg

Back