Thread: Arai Helmet Fitment

Arai Helmet Fitment

I have been wearing Arai helmets for about 25 years starting with Quantum I & II's. Recently with RX-Q and Defiant Pro. I had to move from XL to XXL with the move from the old Quantum's. At this time, I have tried the Corsair X and Defiant X in the XXL and cannot get the helmet on my head, it seems the bottom opening has been slightly closed to reduce noise and prevents donning. Has anyone had issues with the new Arai's being hard to get on your head in your standard size?

No issues for me with the Signet model that I wear. But it is my first Arai helmet so I have no previous Arai experience to compare it with. I had been wearing Schuberth for years and was pleasantly surprised how easy the fitment was of the Arai Signet and how quiet it is and how lightweight it is. Expensive but worth it IMO. Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    No issues for me with the Signet model that I wear. But it is my first Arai helmet so I have no previous Arai experience to compare it with. I had been wearing Schuberth for years and was pleasantly surprised how easy the fitment was of the Arai Signet and how quiet it is and how lightweight it is. Expensive but worth it IMO. Good luck.
    Royce - As you likely know, the Signet is aimed at folks (like me) with "long oval" heads. It's the only helmet I've tried that I can wear. Are Schuberth's the same?
    "Soló el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible." Miguel de Unamuno 1905

Mark - Las Cruces, NM

Quote Originally Posted by millsaps2 View Post
    ...it seems the bottom opening has been slightly closed to reduce noise and prevents donning. Has anyone had issues with the new Arai's being hard to get on your head in your standard size?
    Arai has definitely stiffened up the base of the helmet. I still wear the same size, XL, in a Signet long-oval helmet. What I notice is that it is a bit harder to remove the helmet, and notice it more if my ears are sore from wearing too-large foam earplugs. I now have regular size foam earplugs and an assortment of multi-use ear protectors that should prevent pain problems I have had from some foam earplugs on multi-day epic road trips.

Harry
    My fleet: 2015 R1200GS, 2017 Toyota Prius Prime (plug-in hybrid)

Quote Originally Posted by 1957mpd View Post
    Royce - As you likely know, the Signet is aimed at folks (like me) with "long oval" heads. It's the only helmet I've tried that I can wear. Are Schuberth's the same?
    I think the Schuberth must be the same cuz it fit me nicely for a long time and lots of miles. The fit of both Signet and Schuberth seems very nearly the same to me.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST