• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Turn signal Bulb - simple question

pgm944

2004 R1150RT.

Sorry, I have tried to do some "googling" but their algorithms, are confounding my brain.

Turn signals bulbs:
Manual says: "DIN 72 601"
The current bulb say "1003LL"

I would like to put a "silvered" bulb in.
It says that a 7506 fits.

I want to stay away from LEDs,
so what say you...
does is a 7506 Silvered Amber bulb OK?

There has been discussions over the years but German/European designation for bulbs are different than you might find in your local auto parts stores. RealOEM lists the following bulb type for the front turn signal for your bike:

02 Bulb P21W/12V/21W

I would be looking for something with those markings. My guess is the 1003LL was replaced by the previous owner.

Given that it's a 2004, it has orange turn signal lenses and there is no need for a "silvered" bulb. Those are used behind clear lenses to eliminate the "fried egg" look from the orange bulb behind the lens.

So, as noted, you require a P21W.

Back