• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Turn signal Bulb - simple question

pgm944

2004 R1150RT.

Sorry, I have tried to do some "googling" but their algorithms, are confounding my brain.

Turn signals bulbs:
Manual says: "DIN 72 601"
The current bulb say "1003LL"

I would like to put a "silvered" bulb in.
It says that a 7506 fits.

I want to stay away from LEDs,
so what say you...
does is a 7506 Silvered Amber bulb OK?

There has been discussions over the years but German/European designation for bulbs are different than you might find in your local auto parts stores. RealOEM lists the following bulb type for the front turn signal for your bike:

02 Bulb P21W/12V/21W

I would be looking for something with those markings. My guess is the 1003LL was replaced by the previous owner.

Given that it's a 2004, it has orange turn signal lenses and there is no need for a "silvered" bulb. Those are used behind clear lenses to eliminate the "fried egg" look from the orange bulb behind the lens.

So, as noted, you require a P21W.

Back