• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Successful newbie year

crows123

When I picked up my 2016 R1200RT with 2,800 mis. from Max in Hampton , NH. I said here we go. I was not disappointed at all! So the learning curve began, weight dist. , lean, power, and the formidable mouse. After about 700 mis. I began to feel comfortable with the tele lever front end and suspension, not having encountered this type took a little getting use to. The RT ran flawlessly all summer and have to admit handled better than my 2012 FJR which I loved. When ever I had a question the forum had answered it, so hats off to the members for their unselfish advice and experience. Every time I rode the RT it was so much fun, and I told my friend who is a "Gussi Boy" I should have bought this bike 2yrs. ago rather than the Triumph 1200 XcR, as banged my head on the table. The RT is now asleep in the garage because the weather has turned in Northern NH so off to my other toys. Looking forward to forum talk, and forming my wish list for summer, riding with forum members and maybe a well deserved ride to Montana this coming summer.: :wave:wave

Sounds like a very nice bonding experience! Here's hoping the spring gets here soon!!

Glad you're liking it, it's a hard machine not to like and put miles on. I purchased my first BMW in 2013 from Street Cycles and kicked myself for not getting one sooner. I find the telelever gives me much more confidence than conventional forks ever did.

We 2016 R1200RT riders will rule the world one day! Thanks for the positive messaging. It’s good to see members riding and connecting to the club. Hope to see you in Montana next year.

Back