• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Long time no talk!

tangoalpha

Hi Guys! It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything. I hope that you’re all doing well and staying healthy. 2020 certainly has been a crazy year, in just about every respect I can think of.

A bit of an update on me and Der Bimmer.. For the most part, my family has not been impacted by COVID-19, at least health wise. In all other respects, we’re dealing with it like everybody else....social distancing...wearing masks everywhere and enduring mile long lines at Costco to buy supplies. I’m considered an “Essential Worker” a term I’m not particularly fond of, but I’m very relieved to have a job and to provide for my family.

On the motorcycle scene...well, not much has happened. I’ve done very little riding compared to what I’d typically ride in year an all of the riding I’ve done since the beginning of the year has been on my Yamaha Vstar 1100. At the moment, Der Bimmer is torn down as I decided to do some upgrades and repairs while I had the bike apart for service.
Unfortunately when COVID hit, I’ve had so many other pressures placed on me both at home and at work, that I’ve had little time to myself. Let alone time needed to work on the bike.

Well...the wait will soon be over and Der Bimmer will be back on the road again soon. I’m taking this week off from work, so my goal is to get everything buttoned up so I can get back on the road again and start logging some miles.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
45611850732f5fed360660d1bfae4594.jpg

Der Bimmer taking center stage prepared to be worked on.

Last edited:
Der Bimmer rides again!
aaaf082247be175cb89ae130bfab3176.jpg

Got everything buttoned up and took the bike out tonight to fill up the tank with gas and take it on a quick test run. Tomorrow I will get out and log some miles. Sure does feel good to have my bike back together again. After 18 years...it’s still a good looking bike!

Looks great. Reminds me of my red ‘04RT. Removing and reinstalling the RT fairings became a core competency. Welcome back.

Looks great. Reminds me of my red ‘04RT. Removing and reinstalling the RT fairings became a core competency. Welcome back.
Hi there stranger! Nice to hear from you. All is well with you? I hope!

Removing and reinstalling those RT fairings is more like a pain in the butt! Admittedly, I’ve become good and quicker over time. Recently I’ve started the process of replacing all those fillister bolts that secure the fairing and various other panels.

Removing and reinstalling those RT fairings is more like a pain in the butt!

Welcome back, TA!

To avoid further pains in the butt you should get yourself a nice clean R1100S. :D

Having said that, your RT is certainly in great looking condition.

Welcome back, TA!

To avoid further pains in the butt you should get yourself a nice clean R1100S. :D

Having said that, your RT is certainly in great looking condition.

That bike is gleaming!

Love your bike sir!

Wow! It’s we’re having a mini MOA reunion. Ha! Ha! [emoji23]

I really do miss chatting with you guys, learning new things and sharing stories.

BC1000S, I see you haven’t changed a bit. LOL! I’m staying loyal to the RT, but I’m not gonna lie, that R1100S is one sexy looking bike. Admittedly, I’ve pondered the idea of purchasing a Boxer Cup edition if I could find one in good shape, that’s been well maintained and priced right. There is however the matter of the Mrs. who is actually a pretty good sport, all things considered and she tolerates my motorcycle related habits and proclivities. That said, she seems to be under the crazy notion that I have enough bikes as it is. As silly as that sounds, if I wish to maintain a happy and harmonious marriage, I would need to sell at least one of my bikes, so that R1100S will have to wait a little bit.

5c36db60dfec57a49a2d42cf1988504f.jpg

cam_on_van_isle, Hey thanks very much. Overall I think the bike looks pretty good for its age, but the overhead fluorescent lighting does help in that department. Oh and that silver paint job does look undeniably right on that bike for some reason.

rangerreece, Thank you Sir. Sure does look a lot better assembled than it does in a million pieces spread throughout my garage. LOL!
It’s a love/hate relationship with all those body panels and the 40-50 fillister bolts with special nylon washers that you cannot buy anywhere else except through BMW at $3.50 - $4.00 apiece.

Last edited:
Back