Thread: Long time no talk!

Long time no talk!

Hi Guys! Itís been a long time since Iíve posted anything. I hope that youíre all doing well and staying healthy. 2020 certainly has been a crazy year, in just about every respect I can think of.

A bit of an update on me and Der Bimmer.. For the most part, my family has not been impacted by COVID-19, at least health wise. In all other respects, weíre dealing with it like everybody else....social distancing...wearing masks everywhere and enduring mile long lines at Costco to buy supplies. Iím considered an ďEssential WorkerĒ a term Iím not particularly fond of, but Iím very relieved to have a job and to provide for my family.

On the motorcycle scene...well, not much has happened. Iíve done very little riding compared to what Iíd typically ride in year an all of the riding Iíve done since the beginning of the year has been on my Yamaha Vstar 1100. At the moment, Der Bimmer is torn down as I decided to do some upgrades and repairs while I had the bike apart for service.
    Unfortunately when COVID hit, Iíve had so many other pressures placed on me both at home and at work, that Iíve had little time to myself. Let alone time needed to work on the bike.

Well...the wait will soon be over and Der Bimmer will be back on the road again soon. Iím taking this week off from work, so my goal is to get everything buttoned up so I can get back on the road again and start logging some miles.

Iíll keep you all posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Der Bimmer taking center stage prepared to be worked on.
    Last edited by tangoalpha; 11-23-2020 at 05:21 AM.
    "Der Bimmer ist wunderbar."

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

Der Bimmer rides again!
    Got everything buttoned up and took the bike out tonight to fill up the tank with gas and take it on a quick test run. Tomorrow I will get out and log some miles. Sure does feel good to have my bike back together again. After 18 years...itís still a good looking bike!

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

Looks great. Reminds me of my red ‘04RT. Removing and reinstalling the RT fairings became a core competency. Welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by roger 04 rt View Post
    Looks great. Reminds me of my red Ď04RT. Removing and reinstalling the RT fairings became a core competency. Welcome back.
    Hi there stranger! Nice to hear from you. All is well with you? I hope!

Removing and reinstalling those RT fairings is more like a pain in the butt! Admittedly, Iíve become good and quicker over time. Recently Iíve started the process of replacing all those fillister bolts that secure the fairing and various other panels.

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by tangoalpha View Post

Removing and reinstalling those RT fairings is more like a pain in the butt!
    Welcome back, TA!

To avoid further pains in the butt you should get yourself a nice clean R1100S.

Having said that, your RT is certainly in great looking condition.

That bike is gleaming!

Love your bike sir!
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Long time no talk!

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Welcome back, TA!

To avoid further pains in the butt you should get yourself a nice clean R1100S.

Having said that, your RT is certainly in great looking condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam_on_van_isle View Post
    That bike is gleaming!
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Love your bike sir!
    Wow! Itís weíre having a mini MOA reunion. Ha! Ha!

I really do miss chatting with you guys, learning new things and sharing stories.

BC1000S, I see you havenít changed a bit. LOL! Iím staying loyal to the RT, but Iím not gonna lie, that R1100S is one sexy looking bike. Admittedly, Iíve pondered the idea of purchasing a Boxer Cup edition if I could find one in good shape, thatís been well maintained and priced right. There is however the matter of the Mrs. who is actually a pretty good sport, all things considered and she tolerates my motorcycle related habits and proclivities. That said, she seems to be under the crazy notion that I have enough bikes as it is. As silly as that sounds, if I wish to maintain a happy and harmonious marriage, I would need to sell at least one of my bikes, so that R1100S will have to wait a little bit.

cam_on_van_isle, Hey thanks very much. Overall I think the bike looks pretty good for its age, but the overhead fluorescent lighting does help in that department. Oh and that silver paint job does look undeniably right on that bike for some reason.

rangerreece, Thank you Sir. Sure does look a lot better assembled than it does in a million pieces spread throughout my garage. LOL!
    Itís a love/hate relationship with all those body panels and the 40-50 fillister bolts with special nylon washers that you cannot buy anywhere else except through BMW at $3.50 - $4.00 apiece.

Last edited by tangoalpha; 11-25-2020 at 03:37 AM.

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT