• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I tried to leave. Honest, I did

But when I contacted the MOA to cancel my rally tickets for next year they talked me into transferring the funds into a renewed membership.

So...prepare yourselves for more insightful (or is that inciteful? :D) postings by yours truly. Its good to be back - someone has to keep Bluehole in line! :laugh

AWESOME!!! :clap :clap :clap

Speaking of fake news...

Contrary to popular belief (on the forums and other social media platforms) our club, the MOA is literally doing everything within our power to recruit and retain members. Our volunteers and staff (myself included) spend countless hours working to increase membership through these two efforts. If every member could recruit just one more member, our numbers would literally double, and our capabilities and influence as a club would be wonderfully impacted for the good, I challenge everyone reading this to go out find a guy or gal on a bike and recruit them... sponsor their first year if you must, I’ve done it several times now, it’s worth it.

One thing I insist our club always gets right as a board member, is excellent customer service. When a member calls our office number, or one of our staff members, they should expect to be treated like the royalty they are.

Tori and Tonya are world class staff members. I encourage everyone on this thread just to give the office a call and “hear” for yourself the dedication to our club coming through the speaker on your phone.

Ted, Ray, and Wes are always front and center doing everything within their power to make it right for the member. I’ve seen this multiple times. An example; at the Lebanon Rally last year, the Mrs. texted me from the Sweet Information Booth about a member that had a question about a lifetime membership, by the time I got there Ray Tubbs was already there, his smart phone out, and had already converted the member to a lifetime membership.

I wish I got this kind of customer service with every business relationship I have.

Give vs Get

I don't know you personally, but will share this. First, I've never met a Canadian I didn't like and in a career in int'l law enforcement, have worked with a bunch of 'em. Two, I've read a lot of your posts and you've provided a ton of useful info. As I age, I find myself increasingly grateful for the opportunity to still be able to offer what is welcome. Maybe if I live long enough I'll move my dial on the MOA so that I at least give as much as I take away, but that's a goal a long way off. Thank you for staying. Pax et bonum.

BC1100S, glad that you’re back Buddy. This forum just would not be the same without you. Seriously. You’ve always been such a significant contributor to this forum and the many members who post on here to ask questions or share experiences. From my point of view, you and a handful of others where among the very first people who gave me a warm welcome when I joined this forum after buying my ‘02 R1150RT. You’ve been there ever since these past 4 years. So glad you’ve decided to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contrary to popular belief (on the forums and other social media platforms) our club, the MOA is literally doing everything within our power to recruit and retain members. Our volunteers and staff (myself included) spend countless hours working to increase membership through these two efforts. If every member could recruit just one more member, our numbers would literally double, and our capabilities and influence as a club would be wonderfully impacted for the good, I challenge everyone reading this to go out find a guy or gal on a bike and recruit them... sponsor their first year if you must, I’ve done it several times now, it’s worth it.

One thing I insist our club always gets right as a board member, is excellent customer service. When a member calls our office number, or one of our staff members, they should expect to be treated like the royalty they are.

Tori and Tonya are world class staff members. I encourage everyone on this thread just to give the office a call and “hear” for yourself the dedication to our club coming through the speaker on your phone.

Ted, Ray, and Wes are always front and center doing everything within their power to make it right for the member. I’ve seen this multiple times. An example; at the Lebanon Rally last year, the Mrs. texted me from the Sweet Information Booth about a member that had a question about a lifetime membership, by the time I got there Ray Tubbs was already there, his smart phone out, and had already converted the member to a lifetime membership.

I wish I got this kind of customer service with every business relationship I have.

Reece,
Could you be more specific about these efforts to recruit and retain members, outside of good customer service?

Reece,
Could you be more specific about these efforts to recruit and retain members, outside of good customer service?

-We feature new members by name, and occasionally a photo and bio in the ON.

-Member Forces Recruiters: Several Designated recruiters (board members, staff, and RC’s) have the ability to sign up new members with a one year free membership. Last weekend I signed up about half a dozen new members at a charter club meeting that took place at the dealership. I walked up to a guy in his 30’s trying on boots (an Air Force Audiologists) invited him to our club meeting, he joined the local club and the MOA on the spot, and said he never knew there was something like this available. He rides a 2020 R1250GS.

-We have personal contact efforts. Every weekend I sit down and personally send a card to new members thanking them for joining the club and sending them a card that will enable them to sign up a rider they may know for free.

-These are additional outreach and retention efforts Ted Moyer has recently put in place in addition to our regular advertising and retention efforts, like auto-renew, and tiered, or customized membership options. Thus far, they seem to be working.

And of course when BC1100S decides to stay in the club, I and others on this thread, let him damn well know how happy we are that he didn’t leave us. I know how difficult it is for Canadian members to remain in the club with the increased cost of membership due to that geopolitical border; I’d personally call the president and prime minister and straighten that out, but I can’t find their personal cell numbers listed anywhere.

Back