Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I tried to leave. Honest, I did

JohnWC
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    The actual Hall of Fame is that smaller building around the back...
    Now that I've seen it, it's definitely on my bucket list of places to visit. Will BC be giving guided tours?

Left Coast Rider
    Well, thank you all for the warm welcome back.

Bluehole, that place is the intended S Bike Hall of Fame. The current one has a flat tire, an empty propane tank and one of the tail lights is broken so as soon as funds are available (what was your credit card number again?), we'll be making the move.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by jconway607 View Post
    Now that I've seen it, it's definitely on my bucket list of places to visit. Will BC be giving guided tours?
    S bike owners and previous S bike owners get free admittance and, more importantly, free beer. All others pay.

CF475DC9-DBE5-43E7-80C3-26FD742DA388.jpeg

Good to have you back to help with the non S folks!
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and past prez SABMWRA

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauls1150 View Post
    The actual Hall of Fame is that smaller building around the back...
    That's the director's office.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Well, thank you all for the warm welcome back.

I heard you and Mr 36 had a nasty breakup and feeling a little lonely
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I heard you and Mr 36 had a nasty breakup and feeling a little lonely
    We're having weekly meetings with a relationship counsellor.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    But when I contacted the MOA to cancel my rally tickets for next year they talked me into transferring the funds into a renewed membership.

So...prepare yourselves for more insightful (or is that inciteful? ) postings by yours truly. Its good to be back - someone has to keep Bluehole in line!
    AWESOME!!!
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Speaking of fake news...

Contrary to popular belief (on the forums and other social media platforms) our club, the MOA is literally doing everything within our power to recruit and retain members. Our volunteers and staff (myself included) spend countless hours working to increase membership through these two efforts. If every member could recruit just one more member, our numbers would literally double, and our capabilities and influence as a club would be wonderfully impacted for the good, I challenge everyone reading this to go out find a guy or gal on a bike and recruit them... sponsor their first year if you must, I’ve done it several times now, it’s worth it.

One thing I insist our club always gets right as a board member, is excellent customer service. When a member calls our office number, or one of our staff members, they should expect to be treated like the royalty they are.

Tori and Tonya are world class staff members. I encourage everyone on this thread just to give the office a call and “hear” for yourself the dedication to our club coming through the speaker on your phone.

Ted, Ray, and Wes are always front and center doing everything within their power to make it right for the member. I’ve seen this multiple times. An example; at the Lebanon Rally last year, the Mrs. texted me from the Sweet Information Booth about a member that had a question about a lifetime membership, by the time I got there Ray Tubbs was already there, his smart phone out, and had already converted the member to a lifetime membership.

I wish I got this kind of customer service with every business relationship I have.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Give vs Get

I don't know you personally, but will share this. First, I've never met a Canadian I didn't like and in a career in int'l law enforcement, have worked with a bunch of 'em. Two, I've read a lot of your posts and you've provided a ton of useful info. As I age, I find myself increasingly grateful for the opportunity to still be able to offer what is welcome. Maybe if I live long enough I'll move my dial on the MOA so that I at least give as much as I take away, but that's a goal a long way off. Thank you for staying. Pax et bonum.
    "Solů el que ensaya lo absurdo es capaz de conquistar lo imposible." Miguel de Unamuno 1905

Mark - Las Cruces, NM

I tried to leave. Honest, I did

BC1100S, glad that youíre back Buddy. This forum just would not be the same without you. Seriously. Youíve always been such a significant contributor to this forum and the many members who post on here to ask questions or share experiences. From my point of view, you and a handful of others where among the very first people who gave me a warm welcome when I joined this forum after buying my Ď02 R1150RT. Youíve been there ever since these past 4 years. So glad youíve decided to stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Der Bimmer ist wunderbar."

Tango Alpha
    2002 R1150RT

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Contrary to popular belief (on the forums and other social media platforms) our club, the MOA is literally doing everything within our power to recruit and retain members. Our volunteers and staff (myself included) spend countless hours working to increase membership through these two efforts. If every member could recruit just one more member, our numbers would literally double, and our capabilities and influence as a club would be wonderfully impacted for the good, I challenge everyone reading this to go out find a guy or gal on a bike and recruit them... sponsor their first year if you must, Iíve done it several times now, itís worth it.

One thing I insist our club always gets right as a board member, is excellent customer service. When a member calls our office number, or one of our staff members, they should expect to be treated like the royalty they are.

Tori and Tonya are world class staff members. I encourage everyone on this thread just to give the office a call and ďhearĒ for yourself the dedication to our club coming through the speaker on your phone.

Ted, Ray, and Wes are always front and center doing everything within their power to make it right for the member. Iíve seen this multiple times. An example; at the Lebanon Rally last year, the Mrs. texted me from the Sweet Information Booth about a member that had a question about a lifetime membership, by the time I got there Ray Tubbs was already there, his smart phone out, and had already converted the member to a lifetime membership.

I wish I got this kind of customer service with every business relationship I have.

Reece,
    Could you be more specific about these efforts to recruit and retain members, outside of good customer service?
    Greg Feeler
    Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    Reece,
    Could you be more specific about these efforts to recruit and retain members, outside of good customer service?
    -We feature new members by name, and occasionally a photo and bio in the ON.

-Member Forces Recruiters: Several Designated recruiters (board members, staff, and RCís) have the ability to sign up new members with a one year free membership. Last weekend I signed up about half a dozen new members at a charter club meeting that took place at the dealership. I walked up to a guy in his 30ís trying on boots (an Air Force Audiologists) invited him to our club meeting, he joined the local club and the MOA on the spot, and said he never knew there was something like this available. He rides a 2020 R1250GS.

-We have personal contact efforts. Every weekend I sit down and personally send a card to new members thanking them for joining the club and sending them a card that will enable them to sign up a rider they may know for free.

-These are additional outreach and retention efforts Ted Moyer has recently put in place in addition to our regular advertising and retention efforts, like auto-renew, and tiered, or customized membership options. Thus far, they seem to be working.
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

And of course when BC1100S decides to stay in the club, I and others on this thread, let him damn well know how happy we are that he didnít leave us. I know how difficult it is for Canadian members to remain in the club with the increased cost of membership due to that geopolitical border; Iíd personally call the president and prime minister and straighten that out, but I canít find their personal cell numbers listed anywhere.
    MOA # 143779
    BMW MOA Vice President

Left Coast Rider
    TA and 1957mpd, I am (for a change) without words. Again, thanks for the warm welcome back.