• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 r1200rs aux light bars?

brownie0486

I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get crash bars and mount lights to them, or buy mount bars from the likes of Machineartmoto. Presently the Mamo's aren't available except through some business overseas. Not thrilled about ordering on line from them with a c/c.

What's everyone's consensus on light bars/crash bars? What I really want is aux. lights up front [ I don't think the stock headlights are all that bright ]. The bike already had Mamo head covers installed, if that matters when making a decision. They may need to come off perhaps depending on crash bars chosen, some look like they'd not fit with the Mamo's covers already on them.

Thanks

Grump Goat was not able to fit his SW Motech bars over his Machineartmoto covers.
If you buy crash bars, buy ones that do not need to be removed when checking the valves.

Grump Goat was not able to fit his SW Motech bars over his Machineartmoto covers.
If you buy crash bars, buy ones that do not need to be removed when checking the valves.

Thanks Lee, any suggestions on crash bars? I don't mind if I have to take the MaMo covers, they came with the bike.

Thanks

Honestly the RS is a street bike and as such really should not need crash bars. I would go with either the MachineArtMoto cylinder guards or the BMW cylinder guards and then you can use the BMW or MAM brackets. I order directly from MAM and they were shipped with other items from them Or you can just buy the same brackets from your dealer or I believe Clearwater lights sells them as well. I think the brackets are a clean way to mount up auxiliary lights.

Not sure who makes crash bars for the RS.

Honestly the RS is a street bike and as such really should not need crash bars. I would go with either the MachineArtMoto cylinder guards or the BMW cylinder guards and then you can use the BMW or MAM brackets. I order directly from MAM and they were shipped with other items from them Or you can just buy the same brackets from your dealer or I believe Clearwater lights sells them as well. I think the brackets are a clean way to mount up auxiliary lights.

+1 on above The Clearwater light bar works great as do their lights.

Crash bars on a street bike always seemed clunky to me, especially a sport bike.

I tend to agree with your consensus. I want lights up front, the MaMo and bmw light brackets are back ordered everywhere from a US Co. I'm not too impressed at the moment with MaMo. I left two messages hours apart and got the same female voice recording she was away from her desk and to leave a number. Still haven't heard from anyone after two days through Friday.

I have the MaMo cylinder head guards on the bike presently [ on the bike at time of sale ].

I'll check into clearwater having the brackets tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on that.

the MaMo and bmw light brackets are back ordered everywhere from a US Co..

I forgot the BMW light bar can be used on the RS.
It's a one piece bracket instead of the MaMo two piece bracket.
Part # 77 51 8 551 341 $188

Did they have a guess how long it would be on back order?

77518551341_1_B.jpg

77518551341_2_B.jpg

I forgot the BMW light bar can be used on the RS.
It's a one piece bracket instead of the MaMo two piece bracket.
Part # 77 51 8 551 341 $188

Did they have a guess how long it would be on back order?

View attachment 81189

View attachment 81190

Thanks Lee,

Just got an email from MaMo an hour ago, said their light racks will be back in stock late Dec or Jan 2021 and they'll reach out when they get them back in stock.

I'll wait, not making any trips till spring

Back