• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Caption this picture!

Way back there.

forum_header_012017_(5).jpg

around the tight curve there is a big rock. Turn left at the big rock and take the dirt path in. At the base of the tallest, which isn't really that tall, tree is the secret instructions on how to "pair" Cardo and Sena to the brewtooth TFT display on your new bike.

om

Way back there.

forum_header_012017_(5).jpg

om

Way back there Hans. The closest petro station is way back there, over the damn mountain. When we designed these bikes we should have made the fuel tanks bigger. If we make it there, I hope they are open. Quit complaining Otto, it was your idea to tour in North America.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI

Yous guys are so funny.

Dateline: FONTANA GETAWAY 2015

Reece Mullins, referring to himself in the third person, joined Ray Tubbs, who’s starter went out on his bike and had to be push started every time we stopped, luckily, lots of hills in the Carolinas, Bill Wiegand, eagerly seeking photos with a gazillion dollars in new camera equipment, and the court jester, Ted Moyer… all on a photo safari in God’s country. This was my first Fontana Getaway, and only my second MOA event, as I had gone to Orange Beach only a few months prior.

We started off on a beautiful morning, no rain, leaving the lodge and heading up the tail of the dragon; me an amature, leading several riders with race experience, that have been riding their whole lives. I was trying to be impressive, I learned later on the Chereohala Skyway, they were being very patient, when they finally passed me, I couldn’t keep up.

I had found a road past Cherokee, earlier that week called “Little River Road” which I thought was the closest thing to paradise I had ever encountered. This is where I was taking Bill to set up some photo shots. (Several of that road have been published hence) Crossing the Foothills Parkway to get to this road, leading the pack, I failed to notice my rear views were empty coming down off the hill. We had no comms, and Bill had decided the scenic lookout pull off was a great place for a picture. Ted caught up to me on his Vstrom and led me back to the impromptu photo shoot.

Once there, I’m positioning the bike by Ray’s bike, super tight, bikes were inches apart. An inch forward, back, turn the handlebars this way… I’m beginning to suspect modeling for a photo shoot isn’t as much fun as advertised. Bill positions myself and Ray to the left of the bikes just standing there, “act like we’re talking.” I’m being directed. Ray and I start talking blah, blah… I’m looking out across the mountains, the view, really was something. Bill says, “Reece, point to something, Ray, lean in as if your trying to see what he’s pointing at.” For the record there was a lovely house on the side of the mountain, that was like a white dot in a sea of green I was pointing at.

About that time the court jester who is standing by Bill amused by all the theatrics, yells, “Grab his ass Ray!” The picture had to have been snapped right at that time, because shortly thereafter I lost all composure. We mounted back up, push started Ray’s bike, and continued our adventure. We ate BBQ in Cherokee (excellent btw) and rode all day. Stopping periodically to accommodate the artist’s eye.

My baptism into the MOA, recorded for posterity.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Back