• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Gs911 WiFi

egallagher

Hi all,
I bought a 2020 r1250rt (my first BMW bike). I live a couple of hours from the dealership and decided to buy the gs911 WiFi so that i can do most of services myself. I tried to connect to the diagnostic port and it looks like the physical connector has slots that are backwards form the gs911 slots. Anyone using a gs911 on their 1250 rt?

Update. There are two data ports on the bike, one under the pilon seat and the other near the battery. I just need an adapter cable to connect to the OBD2 port near the battery. The port that is under the seat is a round ten pin and i have no idea what it is used for. It looks like it would fit the gs911 but it does not

Last edited:
underseat connector

I have a 2019 R1250RT. The connector under the seat is for the wiring harness from the optional trunk. It just happens to look like the round connector for the GS911.

Hi all,
I bought a 2020 r1250rt (my first BMW bike). I live a couple of hours from the dealership and decided to buy the gs911 WiFi so that i can do most of services myself. I tried to connect to the diagnostic port and it looks like the physical connector has slots that are backwards form the gs911 slots. Anyone using a gs911 on their 1250 rt?

Update. There are two data ports on the bike, one under the pilon seat and the other near the battery. I just need an adapter cable to connect to the OBD2 port near the battery. The port that is under the seat is a round ten pin and i have no idea what it is used for. It looks like it would fit the gs911 but it does not

The correct port is near the battery. Sounds like you purchased a GS911 WiFi for a 10 pin connector, your bike needs a OBD-2 . Not a problem you can buy a connector, see the following site. https://www.beemershop.com/category...r-bmw-motorcycles-ted-porters-beemershop.html I think it's good to have this set up so you can work on other bikes, it's what I have. If you have questions call Ted Porter he is a good guy and happy to help.

Hi all,

Before you run out and buy a connector rig: If you bought the first generation GS911 it does not work for your bike with the new oblong type (think car plug in) ODBC port. You are SOL. Then your options are to buy a newer GS911 version, starting at $299, or consider Motoscan, probably around $100 for software and Bluetooth transmitter. Needs an android phone too.

No need for newer GS-911WIFI. Just get adapter cable. Just keep GS-911WIFI updated. Very easy to do

No need for newer GS-911WIFI. Just get adapter cable. Just keep GS-911WIFI updated. Very easy to do

I beg to differ. Following is from the GS911 Hexcode website. OP did not specify what GS911 unit he has. If it is Gen 1 it's a no go for a 2020RT. I know this also from personal experience.
GS911 test.JPG

The discussion is on the Gs911 wifi, only difference is the connection to bike with can be taken care of with Hex Codes, adapter if needed.

If you are interested in buying a new GS-911WIFI, keep your eyes open the next few weeks. Bob’s BMW had them as a Black Friday special last year at a considerable discount. That’s when I upgraded from the original yellow one to the new model for my wethead. I have no idea if they will do it again but it was a good deal. Thanks

Back