• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2001 R1100R any good options for phone mounts ?

kjeppesen

I finally got Bluetooth for my helmet.
Mostly to be able to talk to my son when we ride together
However as I am starting to ride more than I drive I suppose phone comes into play
I get so many crap calls that I certainly won’t answer all calls. The only way to get around this is seeing my phone.
The R NineT and S1000 are no problem, but the R1100 has odd handle “bar”
What have you all done ?

PS I did search but really did not find much.

Check these folks https://www.quadlockcase.com. They have a variety of mounts, including some with the ability to charge the phone wirelessly. They also offer a vibration dampener; there are some reports of phones being damaged from constant vibration.

I started with a cheap test. A $12 rig from Amazon Prime next day.
It’s certainly cheaply made.
It mounts to the mirror stem.
Seems to actually be sturdy.
If I don’t like it it’s an easy return

Back