• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Panel screw fasteners.

Hi all.
Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement fasteners for the panels/tupperware for a 2018 R1200RT? They include:

M5 x 17,5 mm With Shoulder
M5 x 14,5 mm With Shoulder
M5 x 14 Without Shoulder
M5 x 12 Without Shoulder
M6 x 25 With Shoulder
M5 x 16-A2-80 Binding Head Screw

Thanks for the help everyone. I have discovered that a BMW Motorrad dealer is where I can get said fasteners.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Max BMW is giving 15% discount during November for parts purchased through their "Parts Fiche."

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can only buy the genuine item from BMW. Anything else will be close maybe, but not the same. BMW's highly proprietary business model means they make as much as possible unique so that it can only be purchased from their dealers.

I have used https://www.ascycles.com/. I usually get free shipping and no tax. Service is decent, usually a week.

Hi all.
Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement fasteners for the panels/tupperware for a 2018 R1200RT? They include:

M5 x 17,5 mm With Shoulder
M5 x 14,5 mm With Shoulder
M5 x 14 Without Shoulder
M5 x 12 Without Shoulder
M6 x 25 With Shoulder
M5 x 16-A2-80 Binding Head Screw

Not sure if you can find exact matches of the OEM fasteners.
I just buy spares from the dealer and try not to look at the price :)

As others have posted McMaster Carr may have close types but most dealers keep most of these in stock. As Lee noted ... not cheap but easy to get and an exact match. I have gotten these at my local dealer, Max in Troy, NY and at Grass Roots BMW in Cape Girardeau MO

As others have posted McMaster Carr may have close types but most dealers keep most of these in stock. As Lee noted ... not cheap but easy to get and an exact match. I have gotten these at my local dealer, Max in Troy, NY and at Grass Roots BMW in Cape Girardeau MO

Thanks.

I just gave in and bought a few of each to have on hand. They are not cheap. Seems to me a couple bucks+ a piece.

Back