• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Suomy MX Tourer Faceshield

jlhbmw14

Suomy MX Tourer Faceshields are no longer available. Anyone have a suggestion of a universal fit. The Arai XD Faceshield looks exactly like it?

So I assume when your clutch lever is bent you buy a new motorcycle???

No. Of course not. Don't be silly. But if I had a helmet without a shield and no ability to buy one I would then consider the usefulness of the helmet without a shield. I do hope you can find one that will work instead of the NLA Soumy one.

So I assume when your clutch lever is bent you buy a new motorcycle???

No. Of course not. Don't be silly. But if I had a helmet without a shield and no ability to buy one I would then consider the usefulness of the helmet without a shield. I do hope you can find one that will work instead of the NLA Soumy one.

If the helmet has been discontinued long enough that a replacement shield is NLA, then it's probably time for a new helmet anyway...

Side note: Google Shopping shows quite a few results of them being available...
https://www.google.com/search?q=suomy+mx+tourer+visor

Edit PS: Shouldn't this thread be in the Gear section?

I usually let 'comments' roll off me and dont reply but I'm feeling especially froggy today.
First the Suomy MX is not discontinued. It's an expensive Italian lightweight helmet so shelling out 500 or 600 for a new helmet because of a back ordered $45 Faceshield is stupid. I was asking people if another brand like the Arai DX or other brand would adapt as they look exactly alike. If you don't know then shhhhhh.
IF someone out there thinks they could give me any advice on riding motorcycles or what I should do instead, keep it to yourself. You are way out of your comfort zone.

First the Suomy MX is not discontinued. It's an expensive Italian lightweight helmet so shelling out 500 or 600 for a new helmet because of a back ordered $45 Faceshield is stupid. /QUOTE]

You said "are no longer available." That is a far cry from back ordered. Had you said "back ordered" which you are now saying I would not have thought it might be time for a new helmet. Words matter.

First the Suomy MX is not discontinued. It's an expensive Italian lightweight helmet so shelling out 500 or 600 for a new helmet because of a back ordered $45 Faceshield is stupid. /QUOTE]

You said "are no longer available." That is a far cry from back ordered. Had you said "back ordered" which you are now saying I would not have thought it might be time for a new helmet. Words matter.

So does the word solution versus advice. Go for a ride Dear Abby

So does the word solution versus advice. Go for a ride Dear Abby

Dude, Paul is right, words matter. Your reaction is way off base from just the words you have used in this entire thread. You keep getting saltier and changing your tune with every post.

Since the screen you want is back-ordered, and you think the other screen might fit, try it. It's not something many others would consider.

I'm going to guess that it won't fit - unless the two helmet companies (Arai and Suomy) got together for the eye-port design and a joint mold for shields, then the curves aren't going to be the same.

Dude, Paul is right, words matter. Your reaction is way off base from just the words you have used in this entire thread. You keep getting saltier and changing your tune with every post.

Since the screen you want is back-ordered, and you think the other screen might fit, try it. It's not something many others would consider.

I'm going to guess that it won't fit - unless the two helmet companies (Arai and Suomy) got together for the eye-port design and a joint mold for shields, then the curves aren't going to be the same.

Did you see in my original post that im looking for opinions?
I'm not asking what should I do if I can't find a Faceshield or your personal thoughts.
The question is does anyone have a solution or know about Suomy Faceshield. If you don't, the keep it to yourself.
Unless you KNOW, remain quiet.

Please, let's dial it down. Yeah, some are coming at this from left field, but you never know if one tidbit of info can lead you to a solution. I've done a pretty deep search on the forum for that specific name and no one has posted anything about these types of face shields. That doesn't mean there aren't people out there who know, but it sort of looks like not.

After weeks of research in my free time I have found the solution. I'm going to share it for 2 reasons. The first is for anyone else looking for Suomy products especially Faceshields. The second and more importantly showing the difference between opinions/advice and known solutions.

vleonline.com is one of the major distributors for Suomy. They advised that the clear Faceshield for the Suomy MX Tourer (vl#01-9360) is due to arrive in the US about first week of December 2020. Even though they do not sell to the public, speedaddicts.com will be the first to receive that shipment.

That's what's called an answer to a question on a Forum
Personal opinions are for Facebook.

Good to hear! Most companies are pretty responsive when you reach out to them with these kinds of things.

However, I always find it odd when I'm standing at a company's front door trying to give them a fistful of cash and they don't seem interested... maybe it's just me? :deal

Back