• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cardo Bluetooth connection to two different motorcycles

dsimon9

Hello:

I have two bikes. One with the GPS Navigator V and the other with the BMW TFT. Is it possible to link the cardo Packtalk Bold to both machines. So when I ride one machine, the unit will recognize its bluetooth/connect and at some other time when I ride the other machine the cardo will recognize it also. It would all me to use the same cardo unit on two different motorcycles and hopefully save me some money. The two bikes in question would be a 2017 BMW 1200GS with a Navigator V and a 2021 BMW S1000RR. Is there a work around which would save me having to buy a new cardo unit? Thanks in advance.

Hello:

I have two bikes. One with the GPS Navigator V and the other with the BMW TFT. Is it possible to link the cardo Packtalk Bold to both machines. So when I ride one machine, the unit will recognize its bluetooth/connect and at some other time when I ride the other machine the cardo will recognize it also. It would all me to use the same cardo unit on two different motorcycles and hopefully save me some money. The two bikes in question would be a 2017 BMW 1200GS with a Navigator V and a 2021 BMW S1000RR. Is there a work around which would save me having to buy a new cardo unit? Thanks in advance.

Yes your CARDO will automatically pair with either bike once you have paired the unit the first time. The Bike remembers the Cardo unit just as it remembers your cell phone.

Yes your CARDO will automatically pair with either bike once you have paired the unit the first time. The Bike remembers the Cardo unit just as it remembers your cell phone.

I think the problem I am having is that the Cardo is not remembering the bikes. Once I link to bike1, it forgets the link with bike2. So I must go through the bluetooth mating process again with bike2 and when I do, the cardo seems to forget the link to bike1. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if there is an issue with the cardo unit or for that matter if there is an issue with one of the bikes. Good thing technology makes life easier. :)

Nevermind: Your postis actually correct (which you already knew). I had to change how my cardo connected to the two bikes and voila, it worked. Thanks.

Last edited:
Glad to be of assistance. This stuff gets more and more complicated with every iteration.

I know. One of the bikes in my stable is a 2004 1150r. There is joy when I get on it, turn it on and just go. :). With the added complexities of new bikes, it is reaching a point folks will need to use a checklist before takeoff.

Back