• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Edition Swag Bag Delivery Date

enzo500

Has anyone who purchased an R18 First Edition received their "swag bag"? I purchased mine seven weeks ago and still haven't received mine. The welcome box is full of accessories, apparel, and a hardcover edition of BMW Motorrad: Make Life a Ride. It's is supposed to contain a bunch of items including a belt buckle and hat, a "t" shirt and some other farkles.

I just called my dealer. My Welcome Kit has been sitting at the dealership from day one. Nice that they didn't bother to contact me about it. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

A fellow over on the R200GS forum got one as a loaner and gave a short review (from a guy who is not a cruiser fan). He was fairly complementary; lots of low end torque, very quick in a straight line and requires a fair amount of effort to get it to turn into a corner. His best comment was when he provided what I think could become the quasi-official nickname for the R18.... the "Dolly" because "There’s something oddly disproportionate about the size of its jugs."

I just called my dealer. My Welcome Kit has been sitting at the dealership from day one. Nice that they didn't bother to contact me about it. I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Maybe you should check your oil ;)
The could have got confuzzled during the PDI.
OM

I picked up the R18 Welcome Kit this morning. The salesman threw in a "Berlin Built" T Shirt for the miscommunication. It contains a really well printed BMW Motorad hard cover book, an R18 baseball cap, three vintage "brass" roundels for the tank and front timing cover, a key chain screwdriver with vintage screws, a leather belt & buckle and for some reason, a pair of cotton gloves. Maybe the cotton gloves are to protect the books pages from our greasy fingers.

Attachments

• r18_welcome_kit.jpg
    r18_welcome_kit.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
If they could make as many t- shirts. Bikinis and dew rags as Harley. they mite have something.:whistle

When I bought my RT I looked around the dealership and was amazed at the lack of BMW logo clothing. I just wanted a simple t-shirt and maybe a ball cap. Heck, a Harley dealership half the building is dedicated to HD logo clothing. I have a couple BMW shirts and a cap a buddy gave me, not sure where he found them. I bought him a BMW t-shirt from Ebay.

Funny how HD sells a crap load of that stuff and for any other brand one can barely find it.

Back in high school I lived next to a rental house and Suzuki engineers for Arctic Cat stayed there. I had a bunch of powered toys so they would come over and we would visit, even though they did not speak much English, and me zero Japanese. They gave me a bright yellow Suzuki long sleeve t-shirt, big Suzuki logo across the chest. It was too small for me, but my girlfriend took it, it was small for her too, but you gotta love lycra. She was thin, with small boobs. The first time she wore it she came out in a jean jacket and opened up to show me the shirt, no bra. I was pretty much speechless.

When I bought my B all I wanted was a hat, the only one on the Shelf was a Gs hat. Better than nothing but yeah slim Pickens on clothing at most dealers…

JJ

Back